PDA

View Full Version : Please talk to me!!! Ugh!!

stocktona
12-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Y heart is beating funny.... Went to the hospital two weeks ago low potassium was causing it they said. It's started doing it again right now pretty intense of course I'm thinking about it pretty hard right now and now I'm scared. :( thanks so much!

Lee Grant Irons
12-08-2013, 07:08 PM
I had low potassium and could never seem to increase it no matter how much I took. Then I discovered a little know fact, tested it on myself with my doctor, and my potassium was fixed. Here is the information. Rather than taking potassium, you take calcium and magnesium. My doctor and I tried it with before and after blood tests, and it worked. The point is that it is difficult to NOT get enough potassium in your diet. However, calcium and magnesium are less easily covered by modern diets. You need enough calcium and magnesium in your system to bring the potassium into balance. So I would recommend you take what is called in the USA the RDA (recommended daily allowance) of 1000 mg of calcium and 400 mg of magnesium in supplement form. You should be able to get a supplement that has them both in these quantities when you take 3 or 4 tabs per day. Take 2 in the morning and the rest in the evening. Things should resolve pretty quickly if this is the problem.

stocktona
12-08-2013, 07:15 PM
ok thanks! ive already bought magnesium ill have to get the calcium.... this is just so frustrating and scary sometimes. thanks for your response :)

Lee Grant Irons
12-08-2013, 07:20 PM
ok thanks! ive already bought magnesium ill have to get the calcium.... this is just so frustrating and scary sometimes. thanks for your response :)

Just make sure that you do not take more than 1000 mg of calcium and 400 mg of magnesium in supplement form. You have to look at the bottle carefully to find out how many tabs gives you that amount. For some brands, it is just one tab. For other brands, it is 3 or 4 tabs. Magnesium can give you the runs, so you want to use a brand that allows you to divide it up into two separate doses during the day.

jessed03
12-08-2013, 07:23 PM
I think most girls hearts beat funny when they see Lee ;)

How come you have low potassium stocktona? Did you have all other minerals checked to see if they were ok?

stocktona
12-08-2013, 07:31 PM
lol jessed03 that made me laugh!!! and thank you lee :)
i guess when i went to the hospital for it a couple weeks ago they checked it? they just said my potassium was low and gave me pills..... i took two there and was supposed to take two a day for 7 days of course i didnt so i restarted yesterday lol..... but the more freaked out i get OF COURSE the more intense they get.... they didnt catch anything on ekg but they could hear it themselves.... who know im just crazy sometimes ;)

Lee Grant Irons
12-08-2013, 07:32 PM
I think most girls hearts beat funny when they see Lee ;)

I think that is a compliment but I'm not sure? LOL

Lee Grant Irons
12-08-2013, 07:34 PM
EKGs are funny. I'm not sure why they don't pick up palpitations. I had the same problem with all of my EKGs.

Enduronman
12-08-2013, 07:36 PM
You post with a positive energy and knowledge Lee, keep it up because your words are friggin awesome bruh!

jessed03
12-08-2013, 07:39 PM
lol jessed03 that made me laugh!!! and thank you lee :)
i guess when i went to the hospital for it a couple weeks ago they checked it? they just said my potassium was low and gave me pills..... i took two there and was supposed to take two a day for 7 days of course i didnt so i restarted yesterday lol..... but the more freaked out i get OF COURSE the more intense they get.... they didnt catch anything on ekg but they could hear it themselves.... who know im just crazy sometimes ;)

Wait, so you made a thread about taking your magnesium and vitamin B, but didnt take the supplement the doctor gave you?

Stocky, where's the logic, girl? :)

stocktona
12-08-2013, 07:46 PM
i know i know!!!! but i felt better and i was like ok whatever..... definitly regretting that now of course.
believe me, i'll be taking the rest of them FOR SURE!!!!! I'm hard headed as they get so ya know.... lesson learned. Way to call me out jess ;)

Lee Grant Irons
12-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Emergency rooms are really only interested in getting patients stablized until the patient can see a doctor during the day in an office visit. They even do this for broken bones. So the potasium the doctor gave you was enough to get your potassium in a safe zone until you could see your regular doctor to investigate it further. Taking potassium long term is not a permenent solution for low serum potassium.

Here is a medical journal article (http://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/18/10/2649.full) that talks about it. So you take magnesium to help bring up the potassium, and you take calcium to help keep the magnesium in balance.

stocktona
12-08-2013, 07:58 PM
awesome ill restart magnesium tomorrow and go buy calcium tomorrow as well. I'll read that. Seriously though thank you guys so much for taking the time to respond to me. This site has been very helpful for me

jessed03
12-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Post back and tell us how it all works out, ok!

stocktona
12-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Will DO :p