PDA

View Full Version : Traveling tomorrow to another country

brian_s_21
12-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Everytime I travel to different country's I get really bad anxiety!! It sucks because I can't sleep, eat, or drink anything. Does anyone know what I can do so I can calm down and try to relax

AmberGbenga
12-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Airplane/travel anxiety or just general anxiety?

brian_s_21
12-08-2013, 05:17 PM
I want to say both right now

AmberGbenga
12-08-2013, 05:41 PM
I suffer with the same. In a long distance relationship, him- Hawaii me-Australia so It's kinda in the job description... Just try stay relaxed, keep the vomit bag close, you can use it if you start to hyperventilate... Mine turned into more a security blanket than a hyperventilation bag haha if it's a long flight distract your with with the movies... Get really into it and just focus on every detail... It's hard I know... But I still havnt concurred the other country anxiety... Just practice general anxiety help I guess

brian_s_21
12-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks a lot amber !

AmberGbenga
12-09-2013, 01:38 AM
I'm not much help, but I mean on a plane it's scary.. But you really need to keep your shit together once in the air you don't have a choice.. Think of it that way.. I visited the bathroom every time I'd start to freak and just sit in there wash y face focuse on myself and talk to myself try pull myself together then watch another movie.. It's not that bad if you have someone with you but I was on my own.. Very scary experience