PDA

View Full Version : Back to work

littleone123
12-08-2013, 02:01 PM
It's my first day back at work tomorrow after being off for 4 weeks signed off by the doctor with anxiety and apparently have gastritis. It is safe to say I'm actually so scared to go back. It's not the anxiety that's a massive problem it's the pain which makes me more anxious and I can't hack it.

Help

embrace123
12-08-2013, 02:06 PM
I think you will be fine? Whenever your free or on a break your more then welcome to message me and tell me how your feeling ...

jessed03
12-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Are you gonna take any codeine?

Chris C
12-08-2013, 04:13 PM
This past Tuesday was the first day back at work for me after being signed off for 3 weeks as well. It was pretty rough getting going in the morning but once I got to work things ended up being ok. There was enough distraction to keep my mind occupied. You can do it. Do you have any xanax or klonopin you can take?

littleone123
12-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Are you gonna take any codeine?

I'm going to take them with me so they r there if I need them but I drive to work so want to be careful

littleone123
12-08-2013, 04:21 PM
This past Tuesday was the first day back at work for me after being signed off for 3 weeks as well. It was pretty rough getting going in the morning but once I got to work things ended up being ok. There was enough distraction to keep my mind occupied. You can do it. Do you have any xanax or klonopin you can take?

No I don't have any meds for my anxiety I not have rescue remedy which is a herbal home remedy. Not that it works very well. I'm actually dreading the morning I'm sitting here crying because I know what I want to do and that's to just get out of bed have breakfast and beable to walk out that door like every other person does and what I used to do up until 6-7 weeks ago. And I used to have not a care in the world. Get in my car light a cigarette music on and go and now I don't even leave my house. I don't know what's happened but I know it's because my stomach has started hurting and that's what causes my anxiety.

But according to the doctor my anxiety has caused these problems and my anxiety is actually making it worse.

Chris C
12-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Can you ask your doctor for a prescription for xanax or klonopin? It can really help in the short term. Also if you carry a couple of pills around with you just knowing that you have them if you need them can help you feel less anxious. At least that's how it is with me.

littleone123
12-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I did it. Not any anxiety during the day. Had loads to do and there was no stomach pain that I couldn't deal with.

I need to speak to my doctor about medication again and see what happens. I'm also going to try reiki and yoga. Plus I'm having CBT

Chris C
12-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Congratulations! That's awesome! You must feel so relieved and empowered. I'm truly happy for you. I woke up this morning feeling anxious again about work but so far so good.

littleone123
12-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Ye I do. So glad I managed the whole day. Feet are killing haha. Just hope it's not just a one off. This is what scares me I don't want tomorrow to be bad.

Glad u made it to work too

Chris C
12-09-2013, 04:53 PM
The first day is the hardest and you know you can do it now. Just remember that.

jessed03
12-09-2013, 06:09 PM
How'd it go littleone?

littleone123
12-10-2013, 03:43 AM
It went better than I thought but today I'm in so much pain and I'm scared :(