PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety?

emtw12
12-08-2013, 03:05 AM
Anyone go from one illness to another? I'm stuck on two things At the min. I get a lot of chest pain and left arm weakness. so thinking heart. and for the last week I've had face discomfort on the right side and right arm pain now n then. so thinking stroke! keep checking my face constantly :( grrr

vonnhelsing
12-08-2013, 03:49 AM
Oh hell yes. Ive had every disease imagineable. Every twinge of pain is the sign of an upcoming disease im getting. They have come and gone but one that has remained with me for 6 years is the heart issues. Ive brainwashed myself this whole time into thinking I have a heart condition. Symptoms have remained the same and I keep telling myself if it were a genuine heart issue then I would not still be alive 6 years down the line. I can tell myself that until im blue in the face yet my brain STILL refuses to calm down any time I get heart palps or fluttering beats or skipped beats or chest pains. I would seriously trade this for anything.

Sharon18
12-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Yup, my heart for the past 15 years.

embrace123
12-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Same here I think it's my heart I go to sleep in pain and wake up in pain. It's so scary

Justice
12-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Yeah definitely not alone there I have thought I have had everything from heart failure to lymphnoma. It can get very scary but turns out fine every time

DarrenHaynes
12-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Snap - same problem. I fainted back in feb and now look out for ever sign of heart attack or stroke. All tests I have done have come back clear however, but cannot tell myself all is ok.

embrace123
12-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah definitely not alone there I have thought I have had everything from heart failure to lymphnoma. It can get very scary but turns out fine every time why did you think you had heart failure ? I think I have that. All these constant symptoms

mistiblue
12-08-2013, 11:56 AM
I have had every illness known to man, in my book! At the moment it is my heart and I also have pain in my face due to dental work I had done, so I'm paranoid right now. Why? I don't know!

Justice
12-08-2013, 12:48 PM
why did you think you had heart failure ? I think I have that. All these constant symptoms
I had constant chest pressure dizzy/foggy ness arm and leg pain and my left arm was numb. I went for many blood tests and ECG's and everything comes back as completely normal. I haven't felt that for quite some time so knock on wood that will be done. My last battle was I thought I had lymph ode cancer and once again tons of tests and everything is perfect. Hope this helps.

embrace123
12-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Omg I've been dealing with the vest pressure for almost 3 month and constant chest pain around heart and under rib, can you describe your chest pressure and how long did it last? I've had 8 ECG and dr thinks I'm fine, I'm laying in bed depressed and don't wanna move..

Justice
12-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Omg I've been dealing with the vest pressure for almost 3 month and constant chest pain around heart and under rib, can you describe your chest pressure and how long did it last? I've had 8 ECG and dr thinks I'm fine, I'm laying in bed depressed and don't wanna move..
My pressure was almost like someone was sitting on my chest 24/7 and the more I thought or concentrated on it the worse it got. Like then I would think my heart would skip or flutter and thought I couldn't breath. It was very scary. The first battle lasted a few months before I convinced myself I was fine and since then if I get like that is seems easier and faster to beat it. I completely know how you feel not to want to leave your bed I have been there. I finally had enough and decided anxiety wasn't going to rule my life I was going to rule it it has been a lot better but I know I am not out of the water yet.

emtw12
12-08-2013, 01:37 PM
embrace I've had chest pain for 9 month at least every single day chest pain left side and centre which is sharp pains or dull pain I've only had two ECG and they won't give me any more, how come you've had 8? what other symptoms do you have with it? I've got shortness of breathe, arm weakness and random aches and pains all over :(

embrace123
12-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Emtw, I have this throbbing pain under left ribcage. I have a hard time sleeping Because of the pain, somedays it's in the middle of my chest and somedays it isn't, I have backaches left arm aches, I've been dealing with this for 3 months everyday non stop, I've have 8 EKG because each time I went to the er they gave it to me because I was complaining about the pain, I'm most certain it's not anxiety because this pain is real and it's scary it's all I think about, also I can feel my heart beating through my Back which scares me.

embrace123
12-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Justice, did you ever get under the left rib throbbing pain ? And would the pressure be worse when your laying on your back ? How can our minds do this to us? What is our minds telling our bodies?? Did this happen to you even when you wernt anxious or stressed ?

Justice
12-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Justice, did you ever get under the left rib throbbing pain ? And would the pressure be worse when your laying on your back ? How can our minds do this to us? What is our minds telling our bodies?? Did this happen to you even when you wernt anxious or stressed ?
No I don't really remember a pain under my left rib. Yes it was definitely worse laying on my back. I know it's crazy what a mind can do I find now that if I take an Ativan at the onset of a panic or an anxiety attack that it seems to help tons. It was happening all the time at the time I would have said that I wasn't anxious when it was happening but looking back I was for sure.

embrace123
12-08-2013, 02:30 PM
The good thing is your not dealing with it anymore, lucky you, I'm dealing with it now as we speak and its painful... I'm just paring it not heart realated.

Justice
12-08-2013, 03:49 PM
You are right I am lucky but I do know what you are going through. Even after my countless ECG's and dr appt a it took a long time to feel better about myself. I am sure you are just fine. I am a firm believer that time heals everything. Harder said than done but positive thoughts and just keep trying to move forward. It will all get better.

rhar
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I have major health anxiety. All related to my head and dizziness.... Drives me mad

embrace123
12-08-2013, 04:20 PM
How many ECG have you had? I've had 8

ldocherty93
12-08-2013, 04:26 PM
My health anxiety is through the roof! Every slight twinge or pain i get i google it which doesn't help! Wish there was a way to cure or at least ease it a bit .. ahhh :(

embrace123
12-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Yessss Google is the devil! This is the reason I'm the way Iam by googling ... Try your best to stay away from Google and if you feel you have a question come on this forum and ask someone have that had the same problem your concern about..

Justice
12-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I have had 4 ECG so far an yes google is the devil for sure

embrace123
12-08-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm going to the er now. I can't handle this chest pain and pressure

Justice
12-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Luck and hugs to you keep us posted

Justice
12-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Embrace I am sorry I see you left me a private message but I cannot reply back for some reason. It will all get better just try to keep ur eyes on the road and moving forward. Another thing that helped me was to keep very busy.

JudJud
12-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Wow embrace, I feel the exact same as you! For the past 2months I've had chest pains on a daily basis .. I barely sleep bcz of it, I've been to the hospital had an ECG apparently all was fine had a chest X-ray also bcz I keep thinking something is up with my lungs, even now I'm getting this pain in back and shoulder blades and it's freaking me out 😢 and I keep googling!! Worse thing everrr lol
Planning on going hospital tomorrow getting it all checked out .. Wehhh >.<

Sharon18
12-09-2013, 08:09 AM
At my worst I was always at the ER and lived in constant fear...maybe dealing with my heart fears for 15yrs is getting easier. I always think of my heart, experience daily nagging chest discomforts n control my breathing, but its been so long its part of me. Like a personality trait.

anonymous31031993
12-09-2013, 08:16 AM
I have enormous health anxiety over my asthma. It causes me to cough, panic and worry. I just don't know how to overcome

embrace123
12-09-2013, 10:48 AM
JudJud did you go to the hospital? What did they say? How are you feeling ?

anonymous31031993
12-09-2013, 11:10 AM
I have enormous health anxiety over my asthma. It causes me to cough, panic and worry. I just don't know how to overcome

I have not been to the hospital. I am planning on going to the doctors tomorrow. I have such bad anxiety and I cannot settle.... I just wondered if anyone else had the same? I find that when i'm alone, I panic.

embrace123
12-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Why are you going to the hospital? Is it for physical symptoms ?

JudJud
12-10-2013, 06:50 PM
I didn't end up going .. I felt better the next day, but now I'm regretting it & wish I went, bcz getting pains again!
How about you embrace? You said you was going er, all ok??

embrace123
12-10-2013, 06:55 PM
I went to the er and they did another EKG and Chest xray and blood and everything came back normal and the er dr said no signs of heart failure but I'm still feelin the pain. I wake up with the pain and go to sleep with it. It's scary and this pain will have you really believe something is wrong just because it's so real

JudJud
12-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I know it's horrible, i have it all the time too .. I try and ignore it but then I get a sharp pain suddenly & that's it to me I'm dying, but I know how you feel, everything you described before is exactly the same things I get, but glad all came back ok, I guess we can just put it down to anxiety bcz if it was really serious I doubt it would of lasted this long and we're still ok lol that's what I try and think anyways

embrace123
12-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Right.. But it's been almost 3 months since I've been in constant pain which makes me think am I leading up to a heart attack.

JudJud
12-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Yhh, it's hard to take what the doctors say, I've been twice now within these 2 months & both times have come back that all is fine .. But when I get the pains I'm like this HAS to be something, they must be wrong! I bet though once we overcome this anxiety the pains will more than likely go or we just won't even notice them anymore
It's very scary how real they feel though! I barely sleep bcz of it 😢

embrace123
12-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Right. Have you had a EKG or ECG?

JudJud
12-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Yhh, the thing that checks your heart right? I had that the first time I went to the hospital ..they gave me it twice, blood test & also an X-ray .. The second time I went they only listened to my lungs, bcz I think it's my lungs that's the problem

jessed03
12-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Is that why you're still awake jud? It's almost 2:40 here now ;)

embrace123
12-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Oh yeah that's what I'm talking about.. Do you still have the chest pain? And I keep searching the internet which is making it worse

JudJud
12-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Lool yes jessed! :'( I should be conked out right now :p
& yup embrace, still getting the pain, either on my back, chest or under my ribs is where my mainly get them, and googling stuff just made it 10x worse for me aswell .. Like the other day when my shoulder blades were hurting all I typed was "shoulder blade pain" and all this stuff about lungs came up & I freaked out, I think that's the worse thing we can do .. But doesn't stop us -_-
Do you get it all day? Or does it come & go?

jessed03
12-10-2013, 08:15 PM
I hear that! My health anxiety pretty much halved when I stopped googling. It just never ends well when you go googling, huh!

Nothing like anxiety for keeping you up at night! :)

Do you have work/school or something in the morning? Waking up will be brutal jud.

trinidiva
12-10-2013, 08:24 PM
I went to the er and they did another EKG and Chest xray and blood and everything came back normal and the er dr said no signs of heart failure but I'm still feelin the pain. I wake up with the pain and go to sleep with it. It's scary and this pain will have you really believe something is wrong just because it's so real

I've been down the road you've been down and every now and again...I will still get that feeling under my left breast...sometimes in my back and into my left arm. I've gone to tge ER and my regular doc for it....theyve done the ekg and bloodwork and a cardiac stress test as well....all came back fine. Could you ask your doc for a cardiac stress test since youve been having pain? They will be able to closely monitor your heart while you are exerting yourself to see how your heart handles the stress. The results are immediate so you will know how youve done right away. Also, if you haven't had bloodwork done recently, it might be helpful to check your cholesterol levels to make sure they are where they should be. Do you monitor your bp regularly? Make sure that's in a healthy range as well. In my case it turned out to be just anxieties.

embrace123
12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Yesss my dr ordered for me to go next month to have one, once my new insurance kicks in, I do have highblood pressure and high cholesterol, but I just had a physical done in oct and the test came back good and my cholesterol is good dr says, I check my blood pressure damn near everyday at lease 4 times a day and it's usually normal.

JudJud
12-10-2013, 08:35 PM
That's what I need to do, just stop googling symptoms .. Haven't since that day so 2days is a new record for me :D lol
And yup meant to be up early tomorrow, not for work or school though, it's gna be horribleeeee :'(

embrace123
12-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Have you ever googled and started feeling the symptoms Maybe a week later?

Kaylee Quinlan
12-11-2013, 08:21 AM
Yes! I have gone through many different cancers in the past 2 months. I was convinced I had thyroid cancer, lymphoma, leukemia, esophageal cancer, lung cancer and currently am afraid that I have bone cancer. All of this in the past 2 months! The doctors have been right the whole time so hopefully they are right about not having bone cancer! Its exhausting constantly thinking I have a life changing disease. Its actually negatively changed my life. Trying not to focus on bone cancer but dr did an xray of my finger and found a little spot in between the joint of one of my fingers that hurts really bad. Hopefully its not a tumor but he doesnt think it is. Than I have leg and occasional arm pain. :( anxiety sucks!

embrace123
12-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Do you have all of the symptoms of these cancers? Why did you think you had them?

Kaylee Quinlan
12-14-2013, 12:22 PM
I have a swollen lymph node in my neck and so i thought I had lymphoma. I dont even know why I thought leukemia. I though esophageal cancer because I was having trouble swallowing and I left chronic heartburn untreated for many years and I smoked for 10 years. I thought I had lung cancer because i had pneumonia and again cuz i was a smoker. One of the drs told me I had something wrong with my thyroid but turns out its just fine. Now im afraid I have bone cancer because they found something in my finger joint and a little part of me is afraid of a brain tumor because my muscles hurt and i get lightheaded and lose my vision in one eye sometimes.