PDA

View Full Version : Heart Beat in Head

onebreathatatime
12-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Yesterday I did a lot of running around and I was exhausted... while I was laying in bed trying to sleep, I could feel my heart beating hard in my chest and felt the throb in my head. It was scaring me thinking my blood pressure was spiked high! (That's my #1 fear) Now when I search online for information regarding this, there is information saying it could possibly be from blood pressure. I had my blood pressure checked at my dr's a week ago and the first reading was 148/60 right at the beginning of the appointment and the second was 120/70 at the end of the appointment, so I am going to assume that I have fairly normal blood pressure even with my panic disorder so I guess my question is can blood pressure spike high enough to cause this throbbing in my head or is there a more logical answer?

embrace123
12-07-2013, 02:19 PM
I think it's anxiety, you know if you just sit and notice you heart you can feel it beating just about anywhere.

worriedmummy85
12-07-2013, 02:37 PM
This happens when your tired I had this and for 2 days had a flushed face which also points to high blood pressure but I went for a check and they told me my bp was fine and it happens when your really tired

When I had it I had stayed up longer than I normally would and I was over tired

Hope this helps

fisher
12-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Hiya what are u like of a night,can u sleep ok?x

onebreathatatime
12-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Embrace & Worriedmummy - I tried to focus on my heart beating last night while in bed and I could feel it anywhere I focused my mind, so I am guessing that the other night was because I was tired.

Fisher - I sleep really good at night, I think I was just over tired, which normally I don't let myself get to that point.

I am also 5 weeks pregnant, so I think that I'm getting tired easier.