PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and then some......

Alita
12-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi all,
after much exploration into the topic of anxiety, I have come to the conclusion that I have some forms of anxiety. I need to get better without drugs. CBT is being used by my therapist to get better. Some anxiety is normal and good; but too much............well not good at all. General and social anxiety is what I think I have. As much as it is easy to live with this for so long; there is a part of me that wants to get better. Anyone have any tips on general or social anxiety? Please share. Alita

Lee Grant Irons
12-04-2013, 02:05 PM
CBT is good. Beyond that, I would suggest you start thinking about specifics regarding the moments when you have anxiety. Try to figure out if there are any specific triggers. Once you have identified a trigger, then you have identified a problem that you can work on to solve. Your goal would be to eliminate your anxious response to the trigger. With that kind of goal, then you can start learning about things you can do to reach the goal. Your therapist could probably help you. This way, you cn use your therapy sessions to deal with very specific things.