PDA

View Full Version : Muscle telated?

emtw12
12-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Related****

I do get chest pain a lot but in the past half hour I've had little sharp pains when I breathe in and wen I move so does that mean it's muscle related even tho it doesn't always happen wen I move/breathe in just at random times too

Lee Grant Irons
12-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Do you know if you have asthma? What have you been doing today? Is it hot outside right now where you live?

emtw12
12-04-2013, 02:33 PM
I don't know. I've got breathing tests on the 23rd of dec (closest they could get). It's just hard to catch my breathe a lot. and it's pretty cold where I am it's winter now but I've had all this since summer when it was real hot

emtw12
12-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I haven't been lifting anything heavy or anything (except my son everyday) and my chest pains are mostly the side I lift him and also the centre.. but I've had the chest pains months on end

Lee Grant Irons
12-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Okay, so here are some things that I have noticed over my life that give me chest pains that sound similar to yours:

1. Dust allergy. If I am doing dusty work, my chest starts hurting from the dust I breathe in.
2. Ozone. If there is an ozone warning and I stay outside a good amount of tiome during the ozone warning, I get a pain in my chest hurts more the deeper I breathe.
3. Hypothyroid. I got pains in my chest and arm muscles while I was hypothyroid, and still get them when I forget to take my dose.
4. Acid reflux/heartburn/GERD. This tends to go along with anxiety, though it could be other things causing it.

emtw12
12-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Number 3, did u get weakness and numbness too? I get weak arms and I get a numb feeling for about 3 seconds at random times on my left upper arm near the shoulder no idea what it is. I have been tested for PTH like I told you in another post as the first blood test was abnormal but the second rest was ok.. is it worth asking for another test?

The reflux and GERD.. recently I got tablets as my doctor thought it could be reflux causing my constant chest pain (and I complained that I was having sharp stomach pains recently too) so they give me these tablets.. can reflux cause chest pains on and off all day everyday? I have it mostly in y left side but occasionally in the centre

Lee Grant Irons
12-04-2013, 04:28 PM
For number 3, yes I got weakness and numbness, mostly on the left side of the chest, left shoulder, and left arm. In fact, I happen to be having this symptom today because I recently adjusted my thyroid dose and I think I am on too low of a dose.

A low PTH along with a low vitamin D could lead to a low serum calcium level, which could also cause these symptoms. If you have only had PTH tested, you should get thyroid tested.

I took nexium for probably a 8 months hoping it would help, but it did not. Turns out that a side effect of some depression medicine is acid reflux, and that was what was happening. Upon stopping the depression medicine, the acid reflux part of my pain went away (which was more central and right side of my body) went away, but the left side pain remained. It did not go away until I got the correct thyroid treatment about 5 years after my health crash.