PDA

View Full Version : Feel like giving up!!!

Anxious_suzie
12-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Sick of having the sickness feeling, the feeling of panick and being scared that something bad is going to happen!!!!!! I don't want to try meds I've tried before and it made me worse!! I need home remedies !!!!

petrified
12-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Hi suzie, I was really reluctant to try meds and was on them for a little while and they did help me. But what I found most helpful was CBT it has helped me a great deal. I'm having a tough time today but it's the first bad day I've had in a long while. I also find rescue remedies helpful which is a herbal supplement also my CBT therapist recommended omega 3 to help.
I hope you find something to help you soon :-)

mykids12
12-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm goin through that right now only I really truly believe I have a serious illness. Went and got about 20 blood tests today to see and I can guarantee if they come back ok I still won't believe it. I've diagnosed myself with one illness after another this year but this is by far the worst. It does suck.

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 12:36 AM
What is CBT?? I don't want to reply on medication forever I thought maybe I had no polar but when I say that people just laugh! 😡

petrified
12-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Hi suzie

CBT is talking therapy, it's helped me find my triggers for my anxiety and then look at them differently. It's also given me better ways to help cope and manage my anxiety and worries. It's been really helpful for me and my therapist is lovely and so understanding. There is even online courses and books all about CBT which might be useful to you.

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 05:40 AM
I wish these therapists could come to your house!! How long are your meetings with your therapist ?

petrified
12-04-2013, 05:53 AM
I had an hour assessment over the phone then now I go for 50 min appointments, every week. Sometimes I only need half an hour then other times I need a full hour they are very flexible too.

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Does ur doctor give you the phone number ?

petrified
12-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah mine did mine is called mhco but you can self refer at mine you just need to no your nhs number which your doctors surgery will give you

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Ohh thanks where r u from ?? It might be the same hospital then I can have te number haha

petrified
12-04-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm in northumberland I will inbox you the number as if you aren't in my area they still might be able to put you in touch with people in your area.

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Yeah am Newcastle it should work thanks it won't let me reply back to your inbox for some reason

worriedmummy85
12-04-2013, 12:42 PM
I am in newcastle too so I also have another number for talking therapies if you want it Hun xx

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Yeah thanks so much xxx

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Do yous have any idea why it won't let me inbox yous back ?? X

worriedmummy85
12-04-2013, 01:24 PM
You have to post 10 times first

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Like on one thing ?? Or send 10 different comments on this feed ? Xx

Terre Nova
12-04-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm goin through that right now only I really truly believe I have a serious illness. Went and got about 20 blood tests today to see and I can guarantee if they come back ok I still won't believe it. I've diagnosed myself with one illness after another this year but this is by far the worst. It does suck.

I feel the same way and was just about to ho back on Celexa but not sure if it even helps..
I worry all day everyday that something catastrophic is going on in my body ect...
You're defiantly not the only one :)
I have a fear of going to Dr too thinking they will diagnose me with something awful!
Sending hugs to you and hope this CBT thing helps you :)

worriedmummy85
12-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Just 10 different comments on one feed

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Oh ok haha I hope this is my 10th one then

mykids12
12-04-2013, 01:57 PM
I feel the same way and was just about to ho back on Celexa but not sure if it even helps.. I worry all day everyday that something catastrophic is going on in my body ect... You're defiantly not the only one :) I have a fear of going to Dr too thinking they will diagnose me with something awful! Sending hugs to you and hope this CBT thing helps you :)

Thanks!! It does suck. I mean I've had this before but this is the worst. I guess because it seems like I can tell myself I have every single symptom of the illness I'm concerned with. I go back and forth every day telling myself there's no way I have it but then I say never say never and well have to deal with it I I do. Bad thing is the disease is incurable and so you just have to rely on meds and hope they do the job. Just dreading that phone call from the dr telling me what the results are :(

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 02:53 PM
When do u get your results ?? U will have to let us know what they say xx

mykids12
12-04-2013, 03:02 PM
When do u get your results ?? U will have to let us know what they say xx

Either tomorrow or Friday. So nervous. I will for sure let you know what they say

Anxious_suzie
12-04-2013, 03:07 PM
What blood tests did u get done ? Is there a blood test or something similar for bi polar ?

manz82
12-04-2013, 03:08 PM
I would love it if a therapist could visit your home as I hate going to the doctors surgery for any reason! It would make me feel so much more comfortable talking than sitting in a stuffy office, feeling like I need to escape before I faint. X

mykids12
12-04-2013, 03:46 PM
What blood tests did u get done ? Is there a blood test or something similar for bi polar ?

No I got an ANA test done to check for autoimmune diseases. I think I have one which sucks :( He also is doing a complete blood count and checking magnesium and calcium levels but it's the autoimmune one that I'm sure will come back positive.

Enduronman
12-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Chillax yourkids! I have an auto-immune disease. In fact, it's the only one that leaves the doctors scratching their heads in wonderment. My ANA was always negative, even though I couldn't speak, looked like I had cerebral palsy, had to point and grunt at what I wanted, ran into doors, and felt like a complete dumbass. Even though, my brain was working! Calm....down.....

mykids12
12-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Chillax yourkids! I have an auto-immune disease. In fact, it's the only one that leaves the doctors scratching their heads in wonderment. My ANA was always negative, even though I couldn't speak, looked like I had cerebral palsy, had to point and grunt at what I wanted, ran into doors, and felt like a complete dumbass. Even though, my brain was working! Calm....down.....

I try to believe me :) but all I picture is me dying and leaving behind 4 young kids. My youngest is 5 and it breaks my heart to think that. Really trying to be positive and read all the good outcomes of these autoimmune diseases.

Enduronman
12-04-2013, 04:24 PM
You're not going to die, so get that shit outta yer head. I have the one that can kill you, and there are only 1000 to 3000 people in this world with it, and you aren't one of them nor will you be either. :)

Terre Nova
12-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I try to believe me :) but all I picture is me dying and leaving behind 4 young kids. My youngest is 5 and it breaks my heart to think that. Really trying to be positive and read all the good outcomes of these autoimmune diseases.

I obsess about the same thing being a mother of two and my youngest is 4 :(

Enduronman
12-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Sorry to be so blunt, but, do you think that all of those (6) kids between the both of you can't sense or see what it is that you focus on? My (2) daughters didn't have a functional mother even though she's still their mother and alive 100 miles away. I don't think that anyone wants to hear the "story" about how my daughters now are at 22 and 17...it was their mothers negligence, lack of judgement, refusal to seek help, that severely damaged both of my girls. You wanna be the mother that those kids need? Then seek the answers to your mental health issues with relentlessness until you find what works best for you both..rather than focusing on the fact that you may die daily. Because, you're not...their mother didn't give them a chance or the real useful knowledge and tools for which to work with in their lives. They're generally, a complete disaster in present day. Think about it.
They were dumped on my porch, and she left them...abandoned. Are you doing any different even though you're right there?
E-Man..

mykids12
12-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Honestly my kids have no clue what's going on with me. We still do the usual daily routine. I don't lay around on the couch all day letting them see what's going on. This is a place where I vent my fears because most others feel the same. I have seen the dr and am on medication. I have also seen the dr to get the tests I need to see if there is something going on so I've done my part up until now. Is it not ok to worry to others so that my kids don't see it?? I get that you're different with your condition and you're more upbeat but this is something I'm just now getting used to and the fear is real. I don't think it's fair to be compared to your kids mother

Enduronman
12-04-2013, 08:12 PM
You are 100% correct. All I read was, mother, obsession with death, fear of dying, daily, raising kids, hoping that you don't leave them behind..I saw nothing else. Part of my own mental disorder lists. That was a byproduct of IED (intermittent explosive disorder) although no one heard me say a word. It was wrong to compare you to my daughters mother. I hurt whenever I realize that it is she, that made them what they both are with many other traits of my own, that give them the ability to maintain throughout daily life and make things work to their own advantages. They learned survival from me, but really not much else. A mother would've balanced them all out. My oldest spends all day figuring out how to get what she needs to next day, and she does. My youngest is intolerant of someone that does someone else wrongly, she will hunt them down. Even if it's 3 other people, males, twice her size. Genetics....it's very weird to see this. Stupid Vikings.

Anxious_suzie
12-05-2013, 12:00 PM
I've done a few things to stop my anxiety like alcohol that was the worst the next day I was so ill and panicked ! It's a shame we have to give up the good stuff to feel better haha