PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

emtw12
12-02-2013, 02:38 PM
If it's not one thing it's another I'm having chest pain arm pain even hand pain sharp pains in stomach and my face is feeling funny :( wish it would just go away. I never used too feel like this?

Lee Grant Irons
12-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Now that you mention it, I do remember having the funny numb sensation on the right side of my face and head early on during my health crash., along with the chst and arm pain. My diagnosis was hypothyroid with hypothyroid induced anxiety.

The numb face went away once I got my anxiety under control. The chest and arm pain when away with the proper thyroid treatment, which was almost 5 years later.

emtw12
12-02-2013, 02:49 PM
it's more of a discomfort on the face (right side) for two days now I can't deal with these symptoms there changing everyday. what's your symptoms?

Lee Grant Irons
12-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I had a twitching right eyelid and a slight pulling sensation on the right side of my face and head around my right ear that felt kinda numb and kinda strange, hard to describe. I would also get this tingling sensation on the very top of my head. You are right, it is unnerving. Not fun. I don't have it anymore since I got my anxiety and hypothyroid condition under control. How long have you been having these symptoms?

emtw12
12-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Yeah its not fun at all, makes you think all sorts is gonna happen :( It all sorted a few month after my son was born I was at the mall then suddenly I just couldn't catch my breathe, went to the docs about it and they says I had a virus which I did come down with one. then after about a month when it went away I was still getting shortness of breathe then the chest pains started and in the last few months I've been getting arm pain/numbness and weakness too :( I never get a day free of any of this :( I feel fine except the symptoms! I've had tests and been too physio but nothings came of them. :(

Lee Grant Irons
12-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Just brainstorming here. It could be that your pregnancy or the virus affected you immune system and instigated an autoimmune attack on your thyroid. Your doctors might not have discovered it yet because your thyroid has not been damaged enough by your immune system to cause your TSH or T4 to be out of the normal band. However, and autoimmune attack would affect how much T3 your body is generating, which 99.9% of doctors do not test. Also, 99.9% of doctors will not test thyroid antibody levels unless they first see that TSH or T4 is out of whack.

So, I would recommend you go to a doctor, tell him/her your symptoms of muscle pain and weakness and anxiety, and ask them to test your thyroid antibody levels. Tell them that you have a friend whose TSH and T4 was normal even though he had hypothyroid symptoms and thyroid antibodies.

Lee Grant Irons
12-02-2013, 03:51 PM
So, I would recommend you go to a doctor, tell him/her your symptoms of muscle pain and weakness and anxiety, and ask them to test your thyroid antibody levels. Tell them that you have a friend whose TSH and T4 was normal even though he had hypothyroid symptoms and thyroid antibodies.

By the way, if you have copies of your labs, check first to see if your docs happened to test for Thyroid Antithyroglobulin Antibody or Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody.

emtw12
12-02-2013, 04:18 PM
They've tested my thyroid PTH as it came back abnormal so got another test and it came back ok. I got the first test in August and only received test back in October which I found strange. but was glad when the second test came back ok. I will have a word with them about it even tho they always send me away :( Are you anxiety free now?

emtw12
12-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Also thanks for the advice :)

mykids12
12-02-2013, 04:42 PM
I have all the arm and hand pains and chest pains. I don't have the face thing though. I also had a thyroid test done last year as I felt I had hypothyroid symptoms then an the first came back abnormal too the second one came back ok. I don't get that. I have a whole list of other symptoms too though.

vic
12-02-2013, 04:42 PM
The symptoms are anxiety adrenaline nd nervous exhaustion thyroid does not really have those tight chest symptoms u would have cold hands and feet very tierd gain weight easy struggle to lose weight if u was on a diet ect. The mind is amazing and anxiety fuels the minds fears and can make uz feel very ill and have pain

Lee Grant Irons
12-02-2013, 04:53 PM
emtw and mykids,

The first thyroid test being abnormal and the second being normal sounds like Hashimoto's disease (autoimmune thyroid disease) in the early stages.

"Thyroid" and "PTH" are two different things. The Thyroid is the gland that produces T4, T3, T2, T1, and Calcitonin hormones, as well as other hormone precursors. PTH stands for parathyroid hormone, the parathyroid being the gland that produces PTH. T4 and T3 are used by every cell in the body for functional performance. Without sufficient quantities of these hormones, all of your bodily systems begin to malfunction. Calcitonin is used by the body to reduce the amount of calcium in the bloodstream if it gets too high, pushing it into the bones and out through the kidneys. Calcitonin is normally zero in most people. PTH is used by the body to pull calcium out of the bones and put it back into the blood stream. If PTH gets too low, serum calcium could get too low when as person is not absorbing sufficient quantities of calcium in the intestines.

You both should get copies of all tests dones by all of your doctors. You are entitled to them. They cannot say no. Anxiety can be fed by lack of knowledge.

emtw,

was it your thyroid hormones they tested or your PTH that they tested?

Lee Grant Irons
12-02-2013, 05:00 PM
The symptoms are anxiety adrenaline nd nervous exhaustion thyroid does not really have those tight chest symptoms u would have cold hands and feet very tierd gain weight easy struggle to lose weight if u was on a diet ect. The mind is amazing and anxiety fuels the minds fears and can make uz feel very ill and have pain

vic,

Low thyroid hormone affects every system in the body, because every cell in the body needs thyroid hormone. Different people have different symptoms, and some symptoms come while others go. Anxiety is a symptom of hypothyroid in some people, both as a primary effect and as a secondary effect. So is exhaustion and tight chest. My primary disease is Hashimoto's, and I had it very bad. My TSH was up over 100 and my Thyroid Antithyroglobulin was over 16,000. I has all of these symptoms and more.

More importantly, anytime any of a person's hormones get out of whack for too long, it throws the balance of the other hormones into wack. Any disease affecting the hormone system is very difficult to untangle if the disease goes on for too long untreated.

emtw12
12-03-2013, 06:47 AM
Lee it was the PTH I was re tested for, I've got another appt Friday so I will have a word with my doctor