PDA

View Full Version : Noob to citalopram

lilmillpete
12-02-2013, 02:23 PM
It's been a week since I was prescribed 10mg. Side effects seem to be feeling sick, some heighted anxiety. Main one though is in the morning, for a few hours after I get up I feel terrible. Anxious, sick, tired. Do these symptoms pass?

jessed03
12-02-2013, 03:43 PM
The sickness is usually pretty routine. For most begins to disappear after that second week, never to return. (Until you go upto the regular dose of 20mgs then it comes back for a little)

The tiredness; is it interfering with your sleep? SSRIs can suck for that. If not, that should go too.

And the anxiety... It does heighten anxiety for usually anywhere upto 6 weeks, as you're finding. You can feel worse for that period, it's rather common. It's also worth considering if you're anxious about taking the meds, as that anxiety will often provide similar symptoms to the so called side effects. But usually, you notice around that 6 week mark, that you feel pretty good actually, and life's much easier to manage, and the storm has died down quite a bit.

How much longer will you be on 10mg, another week?

I'd strongly expect all of those symptoms to be gone in 6 weeks, usually far less, yeah.

Edit: P.s. I'm a 3 time user of it :)

comikisses
12-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Im on cipralex for depression ( escitalopram). Im on my 3rd week of 10 mg. The depression is still here. A lil anxiety too but nothing i cant handle. How long you think it takes till i see the sun shining again?

jessed03
12-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Im on cipralex for depression ( escitalopram). Im on my 3rd week of 10 mg. The depression is still here. A lil anxiety too but nothing i cant handle. How long you think it takes till i see the sun shining again?

If it will work for you, usually around 8-12 weeks things are pretty solid :)