PDA

View Full Version : Hello new to this!

hoax87
12-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Hi, my name is anthony and have just recently started suffering from really bad anxiety and panic attacks.

Im 26, have a good career and a great home life with my girlfriend and my dog, Im a shift engineer working on a 4 on 4 off system and have been doing so for the last year and a half.

I have always been a worrier and over thinker but just recently that has taken a nasty turn in the form of these sustained periods of anxiety, edge of panic and upset stomach. Which has in turn sent me into being rather withdrawn, usually im the loud outgoing person who always enjoys a good laugh.

I have been to the doctors and he pescribed me with meds (fluoxetine) 20ml and have been taking them now for 5 days. Being told that this is what i have by a doctor has hit me hard for some reason, as i cant seem to put a finger on what may have caused all this to trigger off. Obviously its early days on the meds and im not expecting anything to change until at least after christmas, all i have had so far is a sick feeling and weird burping.

Can i just say its nice to see and read everyone sharing issues etc, its nice not to feel isolated in something that looks to have a hold of so many.

If any one has any recommendations about how to cope and possibly relax i am all ears as at the moment this is making me feel like im going slightly mad and pretty low.

Thanks for listening (reading)

Ant

enrapture
12-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi Anthony, I find talking to close friends & relatives about it helps me cope. Don't ever feel like you're going through it alone.
Is your work stressing you out? Fifo isn't easy and maybe it's starting to take a toll on you now..

alankay
12-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Ant, have you talked with a therapist to try and find a source for your anxiety?
Give the fluoxetine a fair trial, minimize caffeine and alcohol, get some easy walking in or other exercise in and eat a healthy, low refined sugar diet. You can get better so hang in there and welcome. Alankay

hoax87
12-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi guys thanks for taking the time to have a chat.

Lucky for me i do have a good close knit circle of friends and family, even work colleagues that i can vent and share issues with and they have all shared kinds thoughts to help me through so far.

At the moment work is currently good for me because if i have a challenging day it has takes my mind away from thinking inside my head. I have been reading some interesting stuff about the continental shift pattern that im currently working on and although i am able to attend and perform well at work maybe my brain cant.

Im now taking the dog for a walk everyday and enjoying it, and as for my diet already eat healthy but definately could do with cutting down on the caffiene intake. I could also do with more exercise in my life, i am physically fit but due to a bad knee injury a couple of years ago i have had to give up the football and squash that i really use to enjoy.

I am swaying more to going to see a therapist to see if they can help maybe find the source of the issue. I dont think this time of year in england helps either very dark and miserable. Take me back a couple of months to the sunshine in flordia :D

Thanks again guys for replying really appreciate it.

Ant