PDA

View Full Version : painful heart beats?

vonnhelsing
12-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Does anyone get these? Sudden pain in the middle of the chest and heart beating very abnormally for a few seconds and afterwards feeling tired exhausted and dizzy?
Absolute scariest thing ever. No matter how many times ive had them. I know they are brought on by anxiety but does that really mean they should be ignored or wouldnt it be safer to have it checked out?

Lee Grant Irons
12-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Hello vonny,

Have you ever had any ECGs/EKGs, stress tests (on a treadmill), or Holter Monitor tests?

Could be gas pain that triggers your anxiety, giving you an adrenalin surge. No real test for gaseousness. Could also be pain from acid reflux associated with your anxiety. The simplest (cheapest) way to look for acid reflux is to see an ENT doctor (ear, nose, and throat - otorhinolaryngologist) and have the doctor examine your throat and larynx for acid damage. Otherwise, you would have to go to a gastroenterologist to get an upper endoscopy, which is an expensive outpatient procedure.

I would get these pains when I was young during ozone warning days when I was playing outside a lot. It would be accompanied with breathing deeply. I think it was a type of asthma, but my parents never had me checked and I seemed to outgrow it.