PDA

View Full Version : Scared :(

Dweeb
12-01-2013, 04:45 PM
So as some of u now i have been diagnosed with a 3.9cm haemorrogic cyst and now i'm rele freaking out that its goin to rupture and cause internally bleeding

Or it as already burst and caused internal bleeding but i dont now about it because its inside my body so i cant tell whats happenin :'(

Lee Grant Irons
12-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Dweeb,

Sorry to hear you are scared. It is good that it was discovered. Just remember that you are likely not in immenent danger. This is your anxiety talking. You know this.

Where is the cyst and how was it discovered? What treatment does your doctor have you on?

Dweeb
12-03-2013, 05:29 AM
The cyst is on ma left ovary and they picked it up through a ultrasound scan. Doctor said she'll do a rescan in feb to see if its gone

Lee Grant Irons
12-03-2013, 05:58 AM
My youngest daughter had this. A few thoughts come to mind. 1. It is not likely to burst. My daughter's was the size of a racquetball and it did not burst. 2. Has the doctor put you on estrogen therapy? This is the recommended treatment for an ovarian cyst. 3. What are all of the other symptoms that you have been having recently?

Dweeb
12-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Nah doctor asnt put me on any medication said because mine is a haemorrogic cyst (blood filled) that its a normal functional cyst so it should go back in on itself.

The cyst is is 3.9x3.6x3.6cm

Symptoms have only been:
Abdominal pain
Constipation
Lower back pain

Lee Grant Irons
12-03-2013, 07:50 AM
My daughter's was hemorrhagic also. We even got a second opinion from a top doctor through a company benefit I have, and that doctor said to treat it with estrogen therapy. The problem is that if you don't treat it, it could become bigger before it becomes smaller and could lead to a twisted ovary, which I have been told is quite painful.

Another thought I had is regarding poly-cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). If you have a tendency to get multiple cysts, this can really mess with your total hormone system, including your thyroid and your pancreas, giving you hypothyroid and diabetes symptoms. Treating with estrogen is the gold standard for helping a person with PCOS have quality of life.

Dweeb
12-03-2013, 07:55 AM
This is the 1st time ive ever had a cyst.
I will go to the do tor and mention estrogen therapy.

My doctor did say that the cyst is unlikely to burst cuz it isnt that kind of cyst bt ive read on google a couple of people say they suffered with internal bleeding

Dweeb
12-03-2013, 03:39 PM
What is the estrogen therapy?

Dweeb
12-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Was your daughters cyst larger than mine? Mines just under 4cm

Lee Grant Irons
12-03-2013, 03:52 PM
It was bigger than a golf ball and smaller than a baseball. Estrogen therapy is also called "birth control." Birth control pills have estrogen in them. My wife knows people who had a cyst burst and it was painful. Better to treat it with medicine that will help it shrink and get reabsorbed, which is what the estrogen therapy is supposed to do, as well as prevent more cysts.

Dweeb
12-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Ok then thank you i'll ask the doctor about this i aint so scared of it bursting more of it causin internal bleeding and not knowing about it

Lee Grant Irons
12-03-2013, 04:14 PM
If it starts bleeding or bursts or does anything other than just sit there, you will know about it. Any twisting or bleeding or bursting is painful I am told. So if you feel that, then you should call the doctor on call at your doctors office and ask them what you should do.

These are quite common in women, so don't worry too much about it. Just be concerned enough to take care of yourself and insist that the doctor give you some medicine to help the cysts shrink.