PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy Headed

aharris2456
11-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Does anyone else feel a palpitation and get a quick sense of dizziness that only last for a split second?
I'm just wondering if I should get this check out, I had a holter monitor test done 3 years ago and everything came back fine.

Lee Grant Irons
11-30-2013, 12:25 PM
aharris,

This sounds like a problem that has gone unresolved for at least 3 years, and maybe more.

Do you have any know medical conditions?

When is the last time you saw a doctor? I would recommend that you go to a primary care doctor to get a blood test (complete blood count with differential, comprehensive metabolic panel, and a thyroid panel), as well as an EKG (many primary care doctors can do this quickly in the office) to see if your heartbeat is regular. This is the best place to start.

Do you have your own copies of prior test results for blood work and other tests? If you have never done so before, get a copy of all of your test results from the doctor. It will help you feel more in control of your own health, and you will be able to share them more directly with other doctors you may see in the future.

aharris2456
11-30-2013, 12:36 PM
I had a echo done back in April 2013 and my last doctors visit was in July and they did do a EKG there. Everything came back fine. The echo showed mild MVP. I always get copies of any medical test done just to keep in a file at home.

Lee Grant Irons
11-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Good. :)

Look at your blood tests and see if your doctor has ever tested for potassium, calcium, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), thyroxine (T4) or triiodothyronine (T3).

aharris2456
11-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Thank You, when I get home I will do that.