PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety at night....

Peace Lilly
11-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone. I am new here. I am looking for support from anxiety suffers like me. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety since 2007 after a major breakdown. I have been seeing the same Dr since and I have came a long way in recovery. I found out I have macular degeneration, ocular hypertension and now cataracts (early stage cataracts). My work has been completely restructured. I work for a new supervisor and program director. My old supervision understood my conditions and didn't let me slide on anything, but I felt compassion and understanding. My new supervision not so much. So I have been waking up every night and in the morning with anxiety. this feeling of doom is really getting to me. I feel trapped, we are playing off a chapter 13 due to a job loss with my husband. We are now both working and doing good till now. How can things flip so fast?

Lee Grant Irons
11-30-2013, 10:46 AM
I hear you Peace Lilly. When I had so many problems I cold not count them on two hands, things would seem to be constantly unstable, changing faster than I had time or ability to manage. I got through it, so chances are you can too. :) You have a number of serious problems to resolve, but it is important that you first feel less in danger of losing your job. Once that is stabilized, you will be able to focus more on your medical problems.

When you say that your work has been completely restructured, are you saying that the company has given you some work accommodations based on your disability? Do your specific medical problems still directly prevent you from doing the job? If so, then I would recommend you speak to your Human Resources department and see if there is a position available in the company that you would be able to perform. Human Resources understands that it cost the company money to hire you, so they will want to try to keep you rather than having to replace you with someone else for whom they would have to spend more money to hire.

Peace Lilly
11-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the advise. Yes, I am still doing the same job, I am keeping up with what is expected. I take care of myself so I can continue to work as long as possible. I have dealt with depression and anxiety before and I was doing really good. But this change has triggered this anxiety. I think I will work up the nerve to talk to HR. I try hard to stay below the radar. Thank you again for the advice.

Lee Grant Irons
11-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Keep us informed about how things are going and if your anxiety gets in the way of you being able to function at work. There are things you can do to help you function better. Hang in there. :)