PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used valerian root?

Alexcambridge
01-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Has anybody used valerian root or other herbal anxiety/stress products? I've just started taking a prepared mixture of valerian root extract and lemon balm in pill form. It seems to work nicely.

joey9
01-27-2008, 07:16 AM
I have just started taking it too, along with magnesium supplements. I have also just cut out caffeine completely as I was drinking a ton of coke and making me really jittery. All these things seem to be doing some good. especially switching to caffeine free stuff, although i did 2 days severe cold turkey with major headaches and sluggishness!

NerveFray
02-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Has anybody used valerian root or other herbal anxiety/stress products? I've just started taking a prepared mixture of valerian root extract and lemon balm in pill form. It seems to work nicely.

I have used it, and still do occasionally, but it takes 3000mg of it to calm me down :trolly: I caved in and got a prescription for Alprozolam (Xanax) but I use that sparingly - still experimenting with the herbal/nutrional supplements also. You might try 5-HTP and L-Theanine which are aminos and seem to have possibilties. I have just ordered a patch with these ingredients which you wear for 24 hrs. I am really looking for something natural that I can use when at the job which will not make me foggy, just calm me down, cause my job is where most of my anxiety is now centered around and I can't take the Xanax when working.

heysf2002
02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
valerian makes you sleepy, Try taking a B vitamin complex, with vitamin C and folic acid,. the b vitamins help you when you're stressing. Or just drink a vitamin water .. a lot of them have b vitamins and vitamins c in them. Just dont drink the ones with cafeeine or taurine.