PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety medication whilst pregnant

rhar
11-28-2013, 02:52 PM
As anyone here been on anxiety medication that is ok to take when pregnant?
I am not pregnant but I am trying but wanted to know if there are meds that are safe. I just don't know how I will cope without it when pregnant as my anxiety will be through the roof after having had 2 miscarriages

onebreathatatime
11-28-2013, 07:08 PM
As anyone here been on anxiety medication that is ok to take when pregnant? I am not pregnant but I am trying but wanted to know if there are meds that are safe. I just don't know how I will cope without it when pregnant as my anxiety will be through the roof after having had 2 miscarriages

I am currently trying to get pregnant as well and I'm on Zoloft. I was on Prozac (also since trying) but it was making me more anxious! I would definitely talk to your doctor, as there are meds considered safe! Good luck to you :)

kariann82
11-28-2013, 08:02 PM
I am currently 34 weeks pregnant and started taking Zoloft two weeks ago. I quit Prozac cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant and that was the wrong choice! My anxiety and panic attacks came back full force in my second trimester making it so I couldn't even face going to work, driving, or going shopping. It has been miserable. My advice is to weigh your options and talk to your doctor, but Zoloft has been working well for me.

rhar
11-29-2013, 03:05 AM
Thanks everyone 😊

PanicPhobia
11-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Just don't take Benzos, they can cause birth defects. Benzos include Xanax, Ativan, Valium, Klonopin, etc.. A friend of mine was on Klonopin when she found out she was pregnant and the doctor told her "you have to stop it cold turkey TODAY."

alankay
11-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Work with you doc on this. A daily ssri could be OK but a daily benzo should be avoided but one on occasion should be OK. Work with your doc on this one. Alankay.