PDA

View Full Version : The worst it's ever been

RT24
11-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone. For days now, I've been having a problem that's so bad it's making me consider drastic measures.

Starting last Thursday night, I started having intrusive thoughts. They were something I say a lot in my head from my OCD, and it freaked me out because it was so involuntary. It's continued for days now, taking on various forms where it seems like something else might be being said. I've been freaking out because I'm worried I'm hearing voices and schizophrenia/psychosis is probably the biggest cause of my anxiety. I told my therapist, who said it doesn't sound like psychosis or voices to her, but intrusive thoughts caused by aggressive anxiety. At the moment, it feels almost like background noise when I'm trying to think. It seems to be triggered by hearing tones or speaking a lot. It's quite scary and I can't keep going on like this. I don't know what to do. I feel so lost, and I don't think I have the energy to go on like this anymore. I don't want to have my thoughts interrupted like this forever.

worry_10years
11-27-2013, 10:00 AM
are you on any medication ???

RT24
11-27-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm on 20mg of celexa and I have xanax for when I get really panicky.

RT24
11-27-2013, 11:30 AM
I just spoke to a mental health professional from a nearby hospital. He said that it sounds like I have a lot of OCD and anxiety messing with my head and likely causing obsessive intrusive thoughts. My anxiety is anticipating psychosis so it's twisting what's going on here it seems. He recommended out patient mental health therapy and seeing a psychiatrist. I'm still kinda nervous though.

worry_10years
11-27-2013, 12:40 PM
take all the help you can get! Ive suffered in silence and built up a lot of very bad habits in order to cope with my condition. I was young when first diagnosed and found it difficult to open up. Im on a course at the moment learning about anxiety and the "fight or flight" response etc... then going to see someone on a 1 to 1. Its scary but worth it. Hope you get well so and your not alone