PDA

View Full Version : Horrible day today...

ohpus
11-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Got up well enough... showered and got dressed. Felt fine. Went downstairs to feed the cat and leave for work and I just started sobbing. Sat down on the couch and it got worse and worse. My wife got up and found me lying on the couch shaking and sobbing. She made me some chamomile tea which helped to calm me down, but I still couldn't move. I had her call in sick for me as I could barely talk. I then fell asleep on the couch for awhile. I tried to control my breathing and keep from hyperventilating but it was nearly impossible.

This is getting so much worse... I nearly have a panic attack every time the phone rings or a text message or email arrives.

I feel okay right now but I don't know how long that will last... but just being here and typing is helping to calm my nerves.

So sick of this...

P.S. A friend texted me just now and it sent my heart racing. This is so ridiculous it's funny.

anxious aussie
11-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Sometimes it's terrifying how easily it can be triggered and how difficult it is to overcome one of these attacks. I understand the physical inability to perform tasks such as going to work. 3 days last week I called in sick for no good reason other than the thought of being there sent me into shutdown mode.
I hope things get better for you

Stephj526
11-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Do you remember feeling stressed by the phone before? Or do you think of anything when the phone starts? It's completely normal to have a trigger with anxiety. For me, distracting myself is the only thing that helps. And when you're ready, facing your fear head on. Hope you feel better!

trinidiva
11-26-2013, 08:02 PM
I hope you feel better soon. Panic attacks can pop up like that, seemingly out of nowhere..but if you really think about it...there is a root cause......are you stressing about something at work? I know once in a while, I need what I call a mental health day. Its helpful to have a good cry and rid yourself of all the negative feelings and energy. Get some rest tonight and maybe you will feel better in the morning.

kariann82
11-26-2013, 09:42 PM
I had the same thing happen to me today. I've been off work for two weeks because of panic attacks and anxiety. I got up this morning and got ready to return to work. My anxiety got worse and worse by the minute and I was a complete wreck by the time I needed to leave. I had to call in to work. These panic attacks are debilitating. I truly feel for anyone that deals with this.

kariann82
11-26-2013, 09:45 PM
There isn't always a reason for panic attacks. If your disorder is severe enough you can have panic attacks for no apparent reason and with no trigger.