PDA

View Full Version : New member

Jac
11-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Hi all, this is my 1st post on here so here It goes. Im a 20yr old male,I've had anxiety for the past 4 years or so. But only understood what I was experiencing last year when I hit rock bottom. I have social anxiety and it's not healthy i can't do 10% of the things someone my age doesn't think twice about. I've never been diagnosed because I'm too afraid to go to the doctors. And when I think about how it holds me back that's when the depression starts. So I know it's time I started to try do something about it.
Thanks for reading,
Look forward to speaking to you all,
Jac.

anxious aussie
11-26-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm new to this page too. 20 yo female. Had anxiety since I was 10 but really only hit me hard again maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I suffer from some social anxiety too. But mostly health anxiety and anxiety about things I can't control. The depression has been worse lately too. It's reassuring to hear from other people my age experiencing similar issues. Just know that there is support out there!

Jac
11-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Thankyou for sharing that with me, I can't begin to think what you are going through. It's so strange how anxiety can affect people In such different ways. But if you ever want to talk you know where I am. :)