PDA

View Full Version : Feelings like it's not anxiety?

jemmaax
11-25-2013, 08:54 AM
Does anyone else have the constant thoughts that it's not anxiety and that's it's another mental illness?! I sometimes feel like i'm on the brink of loosing my mind. :( Such a scary and overwhelming feeling.
I have good days and bad days, been having a few bad days lately...
Was wondering how people calm or stop these thoughts? Any tips?

strepsils85
11-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi,

I have that all the time! I keep thinking I am gonna lose it and land up in a facility somewhere. Do you have any physical symptoms?

Peter

TrueVoiceInc
11-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi Jemmaax,
I wanted to offer the possibility of Bach's Flower Remedies. They have one specifically for the fear of loosing your mind. Take a look at Cherry Plumb.
I hope this helps,
Laura

StaceyK
11-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi Jemmax,

I get similar feelings but I tend to think mines is a physical illness. This is apparently quite common to feel this way

jemmaax
11-25-2013, 03:34 PM
My physical symptoms are numbness, headaches occasionaly, muscle tension. I also struggle to concentrate, depersonalization.. :( I'm also suffering depression right now as well when the anxiety isnt at it's worst.
It's so overwhelming, night times are the worst, I think I have a long night ahead... :/

strepsils85
11-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi Jemmaax,

I understand what u going through. I have this constant spaced out feeling, almost detached from reality. The intensity varies, especially when I have been concentrating on something. Feels like the world has gone by or I have gone crazy somehow.

The feeling makes me feel ill and I start reading into every little sensation in my body.

lee2
11-25-2013, 10:13 PM
I was the exact same to the Tee....it got so bad I couldn't eat..I lost so much weight..I lost my mind...I lost hope..etc...and my main fear was hospitalized or death. ...I cried cuz it Scared me so bad....I have to beautiful kids...and I suffered for them...I thought I will die before having to live and suffer in hospital....I knew EXACTLY the feeling...it's beyond mind over matter...

lee2
11-25-2013, 10:14 PM
And u see people are scared of dieing etc...and all these other things..but yes it is anxiety,panic,depression...

lee2
11-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Sorry but I have never came across some one that can describe the way I feel...and my experience is when it gets really bad NOTHING comforts u or calms u down..and that's the scary part

jemmaax
11-25-2013, 11:45 PM
how long have you felt like this? Just remember it's anxiey, a lot of people do have it, I feel like it's how you perceive and handle it... Which probably isn't too well in our case!

rhar
11-26-2013, 01:05 AM
I constantly think I have a tumor or brain cancer because of the strange constant head symptoms I get. They are ruining my life :(

anxious aussie
11-26-2013, 01:27 AM
It's incredible to read this. I was brought to tears just reading this because I have felt so alone in this. I am constantly convinced that I have some illness like a brain tumor or something. I become so aware of every sensation or pain or twinge in my body and nothing can calm me down. It's truly a relief to know that I'm not the only one

rhar
11-26-2013, 01:30 AM
It's incredible to read this. I was brought to tears just reading this because I have felt so alone in this. I am constantly convinced that I have some illness like a brain tumor or something. I become so aware of every sensation or pain or twinge in my body and nothing can calm me down. It's truly a relief to know that I'm not the only one

Yep I am the same. When I am dizzy like today it's all I can focus on. I feel like I can't walk, feel like I'm going to pass out or drop dead. I get very odd head sensations and numbness in hands and feet and even my face

anxious aussie
11-26-2013, 01:39 AM
I know exactly how it feels. I get tingly in my hands and dizzy and I feel like someone is squeezing my heart. So of course I convince myself I'm having a heart attack or a stroke or something. It is the most horrible feeling. And nothing anyone says can make it go away. I can't focus on anything properly and I am always getting headaches and other sensations that set me off

rhar
11-26-2013, 01:43 AM
Me too. I'm constantly analysing how I feel. I get a faint feeling when sitting, it's horrendous. My head feels dizzy all the time.

shelley15
11-26-2013, 03:35 AM
Me too. I'm constantly analysing how I feel. I get a faint feeling when sitting, it's horrendous. My head feels dizzy all the time.

Same as me, I'm constantly feeling dizzy or I will faint any second, I keep thinking I have an illness and the doctors are just saying its anxiety. I find it hard to leave the house incase I faint because the dizziness makes me walk off balance and I get loads of pressure in my head it scares me so much to the point I want to scream help and cry

worriedmummy85
11-26-2013, 03:48 AM
I get this a lot even when lying in bed my main thing is chest pain tho and I am constantly aware of my heart like today but I am on new meds which make your anxiety higher so I think its a result of that

lee2
11-26-2013, 08:47 AM
It hit me like out of no where and it's been since June...I barley starting to be ok...I started anti depressant

rhar
11-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Same as me, I'm constantly feeling dizzy or I will faint any second, I keep thinking I have an illness and the doctors are just saying its anxiety. I find it hard to leave the house incase I faint because the dizziness makes me walk off balance and I get loads of pressure in my head it scares me so much to the point I want to scream help and cry

Same. I get awful off balance feelings when walking and weird head rushes.
It so hard to explain

shelley15
11-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Same. I get awful off balance feelings when walking and weird head rushes. It so hard to explain

Me to, I find it hard explaining to people, I hate not being able to walk properly I've had this feeling since June and I haven't left my house much its so depressing the doctors say it will pass but I'm finding it had to believe this feeling will ever go

rhar
11-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Me to, I find it hard explaining to people, I hate not being able to walk properly I've had this feeling since June and I haven't left my house much its so depressing the doctors say it will pass but I'm finding it had to believe this feeling will ever go

I am the same but I get to the shops now but I can't enjoy shopping because all I am thinking about is the feelings in my head. I feel like I'm being pulled to one side and feel like I won't be able to walk

TrueVoiceInc
11-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi Jemmaax,
Have you considered cutting out certain foods to see if any of them escalate the problem? Try cutting out, say Dairy and Soy for example, for two weeks and see if that helps you alleviate any of the symptoms.

shelley15
11-26-2013, 01:01 PM
I am the same but I get to the shops now but I can't enjoy shopping because all I am thinking about is the feelings in my head. I feel like I'm being pulled to one side and feel like I won't be able to walk

I no what you mean I have been to the shop a few times but I just grab what I need and go because I all I think about is I will faint or lose my balance and all I focus on is my head and balance, I always walk to one side. How can anxiety do this?! Its so frustrating and depressing

jemmaax
11-26-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm definitely going to try and get a better diet! I have heard that it does make a difference in a lot of people.
Exercising also, I'll let you know how i get on, thank you!

mykids12
11-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Yep I am the same. When I am dizzy like today it's all I can focus on. I feel like I can't walk, feel like I'm going to pass out or drop dead. I get very odd head sensations and numbness in hands and feet and even my face

I've been getting this lately too.