PDA

View Full Version : new and need advice

sharon12
01-19-2008, 05:57 AM
Hello all. I have been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks for about 3 years now. I was on effexor, but came off of it a few months ago, thinking my anxiety issues were over. Just last week, I started feeling shaky again with a rapid heartbeat. I went back to the doctor, and he gave me cymbalta. (I refused to go back on effexor because of the horrible withdraw I experienced.)
The problem is, I can't seem to calm down, and of course the cymbalta might take a while to start working. Breathing exercises don't help me much. I am feeling back and throat pain, and my heart won't slow down. Any advice out there as to what I should do. I was actually thinking of going to a med stop today to see if they can give me klonopin wafers or something. I just can't imagine going an extended period of time feeling like this. :unsure:

setler
01-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Do you practice any meditation or visualization? It is hard to find what works best for each person, as we are all different. Klonopin definitely keeps me a little calmer though ;) .

Maybe find some books on coping with anxiety.

Good luck!