PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this?

Rickk90
11-24-2013, 10:26 PM
So on and off I'll get palpitations
Especially during exercise.
I was diagnosed with premature atrial contractions (Pacs) anyone out there have this ?
I was told it's complete benign.
Other than that I'm healthy
Not over weight
Echo showed a healthy heart
Is this just due to anxiety ?

Kmann1969
11-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Yep.. All the time. I to was diagnosed with PAC's . They get worse with anxiety. I get really nasty ones that are even painful at times. Very scary but I have had them for the past 25 years and they haven't killed me yet. Some things I notice that makes them worse are overeating , digestive problems, gas, coffee, soda, and of course anxiety. The less you focus on them the less the happen. I have been having a bad spell if them lately .good luck my Freind

Rickk90
11-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Whoa that's a while
Are you on meds?
I was on beta blockers but had to stop them as they had way too many side effects

onebreathatatime
11-25-2013, 12:10 PM
So when you are talking about palps are you talking about the feeling of your heart pausing and then doing a hard thud that sometimes takes your breath away? I experience this and it scares me every time, sometimes I feel one a day sometimes way more. I hate them and I think being overly aware of our bodies is a huge problem in dealing with them.

Rickk90
11-25-2013, 12:22 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about
It's such an awful feeling

onebreathatatime
11-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Have you had any heart tests done? I've 2 ecgs, one two years ago and one at the end of August during a panic attack that actually showed normal rhythm at 145 bpm, I sometimes wonder if it's something else?

samanthajayne24
11-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes I get the exact same thing. Especially if I am doing more than I normally do ! It feels like it stopping then restarting and also takes my breath away. It horrid. Had numerous ECG and ultrasound scan on heart but all come back fine xxx

onebreathatatime
11-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Have you found anything that helps decrease them?

Rickk90
11-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Yes I've have had ..
I've had a stress test, echo, holter monitor, 8 Ekgs and blood work.
Only thing that showed were those pacs.
Other than that my heart is structurally fine
No damage from what they saw
And two different cardiologists reviewed my echo

Rickk90
11-25-2013, 12:39 PM
And nope nothing unfortunately :
/:
How about you ?

samanthajayne24
11-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Me neither. Some weeks I hardly have any then other weeks it's awful. Very strange x x

Rickk90
11-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Makes me worry
But like you said sometimes it's worser than others

onebreathatatime
11-25-2013, 12:50 PM
I try to slow myself down, I find when I start becoming anxious I rush. Going grocery shopping I feel like I'm in a race, then I feel more palps, my breathing goes funny, chest gets tight, it becomes my vicious cycle every time! Other than that I just cough when I feel it, seems to not scare me as much. I have a hard time just sitting there and focusing on it, and just allowing it to happen.