View Full Version : So sared :(

jemmaax
11-24-2013, 07:28 PM
hey, im new here...
i just want to get my feelings out, the anxiety is awful right now, i cant sleep at night cause my mind wont shut off and im constantly scared that its not anxiety and that im going crazy. :( my head is so painful, chest pains, numbness. the worst thing is depersonalization :'( u feel like no one understands whats happening.
hope everyone are doing well!

shayshay
11-24-2013, 08:35 PM
I myself am new here and it does make me feel better knowing I am not alone in this. This worrying is getting to be to much!!! I just recently went to the hospital because of an anxiety attack. I'm thinking about going to the doctor to maybe get some meds but don't know if I should. Does it work?! The worst part is having people around you try to understand but can not fully get it. I hope you are well!

jemmaax
11-25-2013, 08:33 AM
I would definitely go to the doctors to at least discuss your anxiety with them. He may offer you medication and/or therapy! I personally havent took the medication I was prescribed because I'm too scared to take it... :( I'm going to go back to discuss it further. :)

I completely relate with people not understanding. My bf gets frustrated with me when I have anxiety attacks which adds to it making me feel useless. Bah! Having support is important with stuff like this, glad I found this place, gonna try and post more! :)
How long have you been suffering with anxiety?

strepsils85
11-25-2013, 09:16 AM
I also seem to be suffering from depersonalization. I am constantly kind of "losing" touch with reality and feel like I am living in a dream world. It makes me sick to the stomach.

shayshay
11-25-2013, 10:14 AM
I have been suffering with anxiety for quite some time now since high school. It definitely does suck when people don't understand. I have been having some bad days but I think I'm going to look into meditation and other naturals ways. Pills scare me!!!

shayshay
11-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Strepsils85,
I never could put a name to that feeling and glad I can now!!! I get so annoyed and sick to the stomach as well when I feel like this isn't even real. I really try not to think about it too much cuz if I did I would only make it worse for me and the people around me. Are there any methods u know to help with this?

strepsils85
11-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Hi. It is the worst feeling ever. I personally dont have any advice to help with it. I have noticed that it is better after exercise. Do you have this feeling all the time, like when u wake up in the morning?

shayshay
11-25-2013, 01:16 PM
I get it more so during the day. It's a terrible feeling indeed.

discocole
11-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Hi, welcome to the site. What kind of methods up until this point have you been using to cope with your symptoms? I've learned f(from books and cognitive behavioral therapy) that trying purposely to make the symptoms worse helps. Like for example: say, "my chest hurts. Well bring it on chest pain! I want you to get so bad I have a heart attack." You will find that the symptoms will lessen or dissapear. It's scary to do at first, because you fear that the symptoms will actually become worse, but they won't. You're being so concerned about your physical symptoms is what's keeping you anxious. By worrying about them, you're creating more adrenaline which is keeping the anxiety/symptoms alive.

shayshay
11-26-2013, 08:44 AM
I think I am going to try that. Let's see if it works!!! I hope so cuz the pain is unbearable sometimes.