PDA

View Full Version : Lack of appetite since mid sep

StaceyK
11-23-2013, 03:22 AM
I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, when it all started in mid sep after my gran died my appetite completely went. It then picked up a bit around mid oct then again 3 weeks ago it disappeared. I'm really getting down about not wanting to eat as I used to really enjoy foods and eating out etc. Now I'm just eating small amounts because I have to. Have anyone else experienced lack of appetite for a few months or more? It just doesn't seem normal. Because I have health anxiety I keep thinking its a sign of something like cancer.

trinidiva
11-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Going through this right now. I've lost 14lbs in about 2 months. I still just eat because I start to feel bad from not eating but I truly don't have much of an appetite and keep gagging every time I try to eat.

scrambledegg
11-23-2013, 09:25 AM
I've been like this for about a month, and worse in the last two weeks - stress kills my appetite totally & where I hadn't eaten or slept properly I made myself ill :( force feeding myself now & trying to drink a lot milk too. It's a really nasty feeling & I hope your appetite comes back really soon!

trinidiva
11-23-2013, 01:13 PM
I've been like this for about a month, and worse in the last two weeks - stress kills my appetite totally & where I hadn't eaten or slept properly I made myself ill :( force feeding myself now & trying to drink a lot milk too. It's a really nasty feeling & I hope your appetite comes back really soon!

I find that potatoes work well. I made chicken noodle soup but added red potatoes and sweet potato. It stayed down well and took away the hunger for a while
. For me, breakfast time is the hardest for me. I hope your appetite comes back soon also!!!!!

bcarp66
11-23-2013, 01:45 PM
I have the same problem with appetite. When I don't feel like eating I drink carnation breakfast essentials shakes. A few packets is easy to put down and keeps my nutrition up. The vanilla is pretty tasty too!

trinidiva
11-23-2013, 01:56 PM
I have the same problem with appetite. When I don't feel like eating I drink carnation breakfast essentials shakes. A few packets is easy to put down and keeps my nutrition up. The vanilla is pretty tasty too!

I will need to try that.......especially since my problem seems to be breakfast. Vanilla sounds good too!!!!!

bcarp66
11-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Ya I'm horrible with breakfast and lunch