PDA

View Full Version : GAD an insomnia

Shaun
11-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi people' I'm Shaun an I'm new to this forum I joined cause I wanted to see if anyone's been through what I am at the moment, I'll stay brief as I can short story about my background with anxiety I've had anxiety from a very young age it came to me when I was around the ages of 12, I endured through it without telling no one for years but one day I had a bad turn an I just couldn't go out in January 2005 was the time I stayed in and I didn't go out until February 2007 I was ready for help an knew I was ready to beat it I was put on 10mg of citalopram for a week then 20mg after that, I got better pretty quickly I was brilliant for ages then I kept my self going downhill again and in November 2010 I stayed in again until this very day, I've had a tough few years my OCD and that horrible confusing weird scary feeling where ya just seen to be going through life like its a dream it's horrible and frightening but recently a month ago I started having like a numb sensation in my legs mainly an on the rest of my body but my legs felt weird more but a couple of days went by I started feeling dizzy and weird like I was going to faint I few days this lasted felt really tired my eyes felt sunk in and heavy an dizzy still things kept running through my mind expecting the worse I was thinking it's my life style I have a really bad sleep pattern I go to bed at say 7 in the morning I wake up at 11 in the morning do more ocds then i get back to sleep around 12 in the morning and wake up at 2, I'll stay awake the whole day until like 9/10 on the night and fall asleep and wake up at 2/3 and do my ocds and then go to bed at 7 wake up at 11 an so on that's my sleep pattern it's really messed up up cause OCD has took over my life any ways I started worry that my sleep habit and the way it is could be the reason why I'm feeling like I am am I started going to bed earlier an the first night I decided to do something about this I couldn't sleep my heart was pounding I felt scared to death this carried on for a week couldn't sleep a wink had to sleep when I could the following week was the same but I managed to get 2 hours I get in bed at 6 and just lied there an I used to fall asleep at around 2 in the after noon I was just so determined to get sleep but I couldn't but when it's nighttime I really tired and I can go to sleep then but that's the time I got to do my OCD is stay in bed an sleep and restore my sleep pattern but I wouldn't be able to sleep then though with the OCD nagging my brain I just wouldn't settle I kept googling stuff about insomnia and things come up saying you could have parasites in your body I was freaking at this point I kept panicking I felt really detached an ain't felt my normal self for a bit now I'm still going through sleep problems nearly a month later my OCD is at it's worst cause of all the anxiety I just don't no what to do I'm not on any meds I'm scared to take them cause I'm scared of side affects any help or advice or just anyone that can say they've been in this position an how they got out of it I just feel really fed of it all I just don't get a break from worrying sorry about this massive post I'll be surprised if someone does read it my cry for help is to long to be honest I over explain cause of this bloody OCD I have sorry again people,

worriedmummy85
11-22-2013, 02:41 PM
I just wanted to say I have read your post but unfortunately I don't have any input or advice for you

I hope you get well soon

trinidiva
11-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Have you spoken to your doc? They have meds and therapy that can really help OCD. You might want to try that just to get some relief. Oh, and welcome to the forum!!!!