PDA

View Full Version : Scared

worriedmummy85
11-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Well been to docs today and been told it would be best If I add Sertraline 50mg to my propanolol but I am terrified of the side effects of the Sertraline that I just don't want to take it but I know I have to

Dweeb
11-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Im on exactli the same medication and ive been fine with it hun :)

U should also be ok :D

trinidiva
11-22-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm in my 7th day of this med....it's the generic of Zoloft. I'm starting on a much smaller dosage but also taking it in conjunction with another med, buspar. Cmon and give it a try......we can get through the first few weeks together. I was on it a while ago and it really worked well. So well in fact, I felt like I didnt need any meds anymore. .....and weaned myself off.

I will be honest, its tough for the first few weeks but it will get easier. I'm just keeping my eyes on the prize because I remember how much better I felt once the medicine started to work.

worriedmummy85
11-22-2013, 10:47 AM
What dose have you started on?

worriedmummy85
11-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Im on exactli the same medication and ive been fine with it hun :)

U should also be ok :D

Thank you I will start them on Sunday as I have my nan's 80th tomorrow so don't want to be ill for that and not be able to go

trinidiva
11-22-2013, 11:48 AM
What dose have you started on?

.25ml or 5mg of liquid Zoloft. I am also taking 45mg of Buspar daily. I also have to take xanax as needed to cut back on the increased anxiety. I have to start on such a small dosage because I'm very hypersensitive for meds. The combo with zoloft and buspar worked for me before....so I'm hoping it will again.

Could you ask your doc for a small prescription of a benzo to help with the possible side effects?
I will keep you posted on my progress.....keep me posted on yours too!

worriedmummy85
11-22-2013, 12:55 PM
.25ml or 5mg of liquid Zoloft. I am also taking 45mg of Buspar daily. I also have to take xanax as needed to cut back on the increased anxiety. I have to start on such a small dosage because I'm very hypersensitive for meds. The combo with zoloft and buspar worked for me before....so I'm hoping it will again.

Could you ask your doc for a small prescription of a benzo to help with the possible side effects?
I will keep you posted on my progress.....keep me posted on yours too!

Can I ask what time of day you take your Zoloft? I was thinking night time and I can take a Valium to maybe minimise the side effects through the night?

Dweeb
11-22-2013, 12:59 PM
I take mine on a night :)

worriedmummy85
11-22-2013, 01:08 PM
I take mine on a night :)

Do you take any benzo's with it??

Dweeb
11-22-2013, 01:22 PM
I dnt any longer doctor refused to prescribe me anymore cuz of my age and them bein addictive bt i did at the start :)

worriedmummy85
11-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Did they help with any side effects?

Dweeb
11-22-2013, 02:19 PM
I didnt notice any side effects 2bh

trinidiva
11-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Can I ask what time of day you take your Zoloft? I was thinking night time and I can take a Valium to maybe minimise the side effects through the night?

I take mine at night. I usually take it and go to sleep. The heightened anxiety usually starts in the morning a little while after I wake up. I usually end up taking xanax about mid morning, early afternoon. Today though, I actually didn't take the xanax. ..I got on my treadmill and walked for 30 minutes. I felt pretty goid afterwards and felt like I had more energy. I actually had an appetite and was able to eat dinner. ....something I haven't been able to do fully for a few days. Maybe some progress. ....my fingers are crossed. So have you decided when you are going to start?

worriedmummy85
11-23-2013, 01:32 AM
I am going to start mine on Sunday I have my nans 80th birthday tonight so don't want to be bad for it

I can deal with the anxiety just the panic attacks that I can't deal with

bcarp66
11-23-2013, 05:38 AM
Also remember starting new meds can increase anxiety for a while at first. That's why my doc made sure I was set with Ativan while the meds were setting in. Make sure your ready when you start so you give it a good go and not give up :)

trinidiva
11-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Also remember starting new meds can increase anxiety for a while at first. That's why my doc made sure I was set with Ativan while the meds were setting in. Make sure your ready when you start so you give it a good go and not give up :)

Yes! Had a rough time last night staying asleep. Finally took 1/2 a xanax at about 4 am and then slept till 8:45.

bcarp66
11-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Ya I was a mess for a few weeks :(

trinidiva
11-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Ya I was a mess for a few weeks :(

Wish they could get it to start working without weeks of discomfort and side effects. I just try to keep thinking that I will start to feel better soon enough and just count down the tim em

bcarp66
11-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Lol I know right. At least it's worth it in the end. The Ativan def helped until they settled in