PDA

View Full Version : Time Perception/Memories with Depersonalization!

Pauletta86
11-22-2013, 02:49 AM
Hi, this message mainly to people who suffer with Depersonalization and Derealization!

One of my worse things at the moment is it feels like I have no time perception and my memories don't feel that real!

Yesterday for example, I worked all day and then went to the pub with work friends for a drink! Whilst I was in the pub, it didn't feel like I had been to work the same day if that makes sense? Even though I know I did!

Anyone else with DP/DR get this?

Olive Yew
11-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Yes all the time. When you're in dp/dr mode, your brain feels like your reality is your discomfort and anything real is just a dream... Or fake. Because of that, it tends to forget or not pay attention to what's happened that day because to your mind, it wasn't as important as what you were feeling

RecurringThoughts
11-22-2013, 11:41 AM
I have this too. I also often feel like I am not really experiencing the things I am doing, especially when I am out for a walk. For some reason, walking outside feels less real to me than staying at home. I often have to touch something to bring some tangibility to my experiences. I've had this since high school, on and off. I generally don't notice unless I am alone. Have you talked to someone about this? Do you have PTSD?