PDA

View Full Version : need advice

canadaguy
11-22-2013, 01:03 AM
I need some advice.I have been able to return to work after having been off for anxiety and mild depression.It was so hard to face my biggest fear.I felt so many times like running out to my car and going home.I work in a large store so worrying that coworkers or customers would see me if I was having a panic attack was so scary.I would like some help on what do I do if I feel a panic attack coming on at work.I learned a lot about myself when I was off,I was a mess,i was so anxious and doing anything took effort.It was a very hard time for sure.I started riding my bike and just getting the courage to put on my shoes and ride was so overwhelming.It was like I was disconnected from the world,worrying what the next day would bring.The days seemed so long and I just could never get a hold of being calm.I would like some advice if a panic attack comes on at work,thanks in advance.

ens22108
11-22-2013, 11:12 PM
If you feel a panic attack coming on just go talk to someone or call someone on the phone. That will make it go away instantly. It takes your mind away from it because you're no longer thinking about it or worrying about it coming on. You'll be focused on the conversation instead. When I feel one, it's normally when I'm driving so I pull over and call my husband and it's gone and I can continue on.