PDA

View Full Version : Start Job on Saturday, Worrying As Usual!

Halo2Guy
11-21-2013, 07:15 PM
I got a Christmas temp job sorting out mail at a sorting office, but its something I've never done and as usual I'm panicking my brains out over it, any advice to get over worrying about new jobs?

Anxiouskat
11-21-2013, 07:26 PM
I've been at my job for a few years now but I remember the anxiety that came with starting at a new place, I hear ya! As a temp Christmas position they will probably keep you at something simple that doesn't require lots of training ($$$), so the job itself may be labour intensive but not too long of a learning curve which helps. I found it helpful to let people know you are 'nervous' working at a new place and just try to relax and have fun. Working through a Christmas rush can be stressful but you can also make it a lot of fun while you are at it :) Then after the short season you can put the job under your belt as another anxiety hurdle accomplished. It's never easy though, I wish you the best and just learn to laugh at yourself (that helped me). You got this!

Halo2Guy
11-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the advice (even if you are a cat... haha), with anything different I get really nervous and anxious, guess this will be another stepping stone to overcoming that all too familiar feeling.

tailspin
11-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Good luck!! Really hope it goes well. I think it's great you're doing this, despite feeling anxious.

It's probably not possible to stop feeling anxious about new things, but the main thing is, not to let the anxiety stop you. So you're doing exactly the right thing by forging ahead with this. Good on you! This is definitely the best way forward!

Ponder
11-21-2013, 10:16 PM
That's awesome!!! Remind yourself you have friends in here that would love to know how your day went. Your not alone :) Hone the energy into the job and don't focus on too much, other than the boss man/lady and task at hand. Think of the money if that helps! Whatever works ... It's a great that you are even trying ... Full credit to you! Whatever happens man, your a champion for even trying! You can't lose either way!

Wishing you the very best! ;)

mike98t
11-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Best of luck to you!!

Halo2Guy
11-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks you guys are the best, I started today and whilst it was extremely boring I got through it without too many anxiety issues :)

jessed03
11-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Glad it went well for you! Keep thinking of that paycheque ;)

tailspin
11-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Well done, Halo2Guy!!

Anxiouskat
11-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Way to go! Day one accomplished! Before you know it you will have another notch in your anxiety belt of accomplishments! It's not easy, but just keep pushing through it, and don't forget to update everyone on here cause we are all rooting for ya!

TrueVoiceInc
11-24-2013, 08:09 AM
I bet you are going to do amazing! They hired you because they know it is in their best interest to give you a chance! I'm excited for you.

Halo2Guy
11-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all the positive replies, really do appreciate it!

I went today and felt sick from anxiety, so a bit dissapointing, but I'm getting there I think.

Ponder
11-24-2013, 04:22 PM
(just be yourself) Your efforts inspire me.