PDA

View Full Version : Starting Zoloft again

trinidiva
11-21-2013, 04:41 AM
I'm on my 7th day of restarting Zoloft and I'm really struggling. The side effects are kicking my butt. I literally cannot eat and haven't been eating due to my anxiety and I know thats not good.
My anxiety has heightened to a 10/10 at this point.....when I take the xanax to try to combat it....I feel really out of it and weak. Help...I need some encouragement....

acetone
11-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Gastrointestinal disturbances are Zoloft's specialty.

tailspin
11-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Really sorry you're having such a rough time with this, trini. Was it this bad last time? Are you able to make the daily dose any smaller? Perhaps there is another medication your doctor could prescribe to settle your stomach and help prevent nausea?

Really hope things improve very soon!

trinidiva
11-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi! Honestly, my dosage can't get any smaller. I'm only on .25ml of liquid zoloft. I'm very sensitive to meds....... I ended up taking half of a .25mg xanax and that helped to calm me down a bit. I am now functioning better and was actually able to eat dinner. I remember having some difficulties before but I feel that it Is more extreme this time around. I'm going to try to stick with it and I'm hoping that I will see some benefit from it.

tailspin
11-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Good to hear you were able to eat this evening, trini! That's a very good sign and hopefully means your body is adjusting the the medication again. Well done for hanging in there!

Alita
11-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Hi there,
I used to be on Zoloft, then Celexa. Now I am drug free and dealing with therapy sessions. Trying to talk it out may work. Good luck with Zoloft. Do not hesitate to get other opinions and meds if need be; we all are entitled to live and enjoy! Alita. Anyone tried CBT? Let me know. Thanks.

trinidiva
11-22-2013, 05:28 AM
I'm beginning to see a trend here. The mornings appear to be tough....nausea, lack of appetite, stomach trouble, etc.....then it seems to ease as the day goes on. I emailed my doc, she told me to hold on for at least two more weeks and I should see the result...

I'm just trying to keep my eyes on the prize....