PDA

View Full Version : daily tension headaches??

AnxietyAmbz
11-20-2013, 08:13 PM
I soooo hope someone out there has experienced this. For a 6days now ive had headpain/tender scalp sometimes accompanied with a itchy burning sensation. I can only discribe it as a normal headache with what feels like someone pulling my hair on a bruised scalp. Ive took 3days worth of paracetamol than didnt shift it so doctor rang and told me to take migraleve. Ive now had two days of this tomorrow is my last day as it has codiene in it. Its maybe eased it slightly at times but never shifted it. The pain stays in my temples but other pain moves round my head like a band from 1 side to another including the back of my head. No other symptoms apart from stiff neck which led me to believe its a tension (stress related) headache. Am running out of ideas tried baths and other things to relax. It is unusual for me as i can usually just nap and sleep off a headache. Im dreding having to ring the doctor back today/tomorrow. X

STEVYWUNDER
11-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Try massage therapy and accupunture

mike98t
11-20-2013, 10:20 PM
As a massage therapist I hear this all the time. Check amazon for a still point inducer or a craniocradle both will help this immensely! In the mean time take two tennis balls one on right occipital and one on left and lay on a hard floor the pressure from tennis balls will put pressure on occitipAl muscles thus relaxing muscles and easing tension heDaches

AnxietyAmbz
11-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Thank you both x

rizzle84
11-21-2013, 06:20 AM
I've spent so much money on massages..worth it though,

AnxietyAmbz
11-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Thankyou for the replies. Ive never had a massage but did the trick with the tennisballs mentioned above and its helped alot x