PDA

View Full Version : Bp at doctor

Blessed
11-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Went to gyno today. They call you back sit you down and immediately check your bp. Well mine was 147/92, is it because they rushed me or should I be alarmed?

worriedmummy85
11-20-2013, 01:22 PM
We're they alarmed?

My bp was this when I was 34 weeks pregnant and they weren't even alarmed then I am sure they would have said if they found it was a little high

StaceyK
11-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Mines was 152/80 last few times. That's not too high, it will be because you were a bit anxious at the hosp.

RecurringThoughts
11-20-2013, 04:01 PM
I posted about a similar experience a few days ago. Mine was 133/84 at the doc's and then 129/85 when I had it checked again for me at Walgreens a few days later. My health care practitioners are not alarmed, but do suggest cutting down on salt. So, I have been watching how much sodium I put in my food and cutting down on eating salty popcorn as a snack (yeah, I think that salt might be the culprit for me). Also, I have been eating more fruits and vegetables during and between meals, because minerals like potassium are supposed to help keep you from retaining water. I don't know if all this has worked for me yet, but all I can do is try to eat healthier. I recommend trying to reconsider your eating habits, but also remember anxiety definitely ramps up your bp before you get it checked. It's called white coat effect, or something like that. Just take it easy :)