PDA

View Full Version : Worry About Money?

Halo2Guy
11-19-2013, 05:07 PM
I seem to worry about money constantly - anyone else have this problem? It's really getting me down :(

hiswaywardgirl
11-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I used to have constant anxiety about money when I was broke and struggling to pay bills. Are you okay financially? Or is it a legitimate issue? Because there's definitely a difference between overanalyzing a real versus an imagined situation.

If money really is a problem, that's a tough issue to deal with, but you can try to keep track of your spending and savings to help alleviate your worries. Maybe assess your current job situation -- are you making enough to pay your bills? Are you satisfied with your job? Is there anything you can do to supplement your income?

Other than trying to improve the situation, you should probably try to distract yourself. When you find yourself worrying, do something else that keeps you busy or requires attention to detail, like exercising, cooking, cleaning, doing a hobby, playing with pets/children, spending time with friends/family, etc. And if you find yourself worrying, try to see the positive side of things. That's what cognitive-behavioral therapy is all about -- get rid of the irrational thoughts, and replace them with something positive & constructive.