PDA

View Full Version : Pains. Please help me.

epollock
11-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi everyone - - been a long time since I have posted in here. I have been so busy!!!

I need some advice.

Recently, I have entered a pretty serious relationship. This guy is seriously the nicest guy I have ever met. He's sweet and kind. Funny. Spontaneous. He isnt abusive, insulting, mean or cruel. He is WONDERFUL. We have been together for about 5 months now and I find that my anxiety is the worst its ever been. I am having new symptoms that I have never had before and I am finding myself questioning if they are actually symptoms of anxiety.

I am getting a horrible pain in my shoulder blade that travels through to my chest. Whenever I inhale, it hurts. Its also going down to my elbow. I am on 800 mgs of ibuprofen and back on 1mg of ativan 2 times a day. It seems to be helping a little but its still happening.
Does anyone else have these symptoms? Should I go back to the doctor (who I am sure is tired of seeing me by now)?

RecurringThoughts
11-19-2013, 09:50 PM
I've never had that symptom. How long have you had it? How bad is it? If it's unbearable, I would definitely see a doctor. Otherwise, it could be tensed up muscles? I think starting a new relationship puts us all in a vulnerable position, similar to ending one. It could be anxiety causing you to tense up.