PDA

View Full Version : Never been this bad

NBluex
11-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi Guys,

I've hit a new low, got a job and have been fired within a week because my anxiety caused me issues with going in.

I feel like the biggest loser and honestly wish I had the nerve to just end things because I cannot deal with the thought I feeling like this for the rest of my life and the disappointment my family feels that I seem to be unable to function any more.

Anyone else every found that it has got to a point where they just have had enough and run out of strength to fight it?

tailspin
11-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Hey there, I'm really sorry you're feeling so bad. Definitely many of us here can relate to being at our wit's end with this. Are you getting any professional help?

mikecole114
11-19-2013, 08:00 PM
i feel the same but cant give you any solutions im afraid i just have nothing left to help people on here. i cant even help myself

Perses
11-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Dear NBluex,

I feel that way every day in some sense. Maybe not consciously, but anxiety does make me wonder who's living my life -- me or my nerves. I think you are brave, frankly. I'm too scared to even look for a job, too nervous that I'll screw up, too nervous that I'll not measure up. So, ok, you had a job that didn't work out for you, that happens to lots of people. Ugh! I can't tell you how often I've freaked out about a task I was asked to do. I take medication for my anxiety. That is how I'm managing to cope.

You are in no way a loser. No way. We are here to help and listen and comfort you. Can you tell us a little more about what you want to do? How your anxiety manifests itself? How you feel? This is a supportive forum. We know how you feel.

Don't despair!

NBluex
11-20-2013, 06:20 AM
I went to the doctors today and they have upped my fluoxetine to 40mg and are sending me to some mental health place to be assessed and have a treatment plan set up for me.

I do feel that now I am in a cycle of being scared to go out unless it is somewhere very familiar to me. Meeting new people is not an option and I just get angry and frustrated when I try to explain to ppl who don't understand.

I totally get that it confusing to other people because they cannot see what is inside our heads. I certainly think that mental health is still discriminated against as much as people like to pretend it isn't.

meichmann
11-20-2013, 06:34 AM
We all have felt that at some point. You just don't want to fight it anymore because it's beaten you down. Instead of fighting it or running from it, try facing it.

When it happens, face it and say "ok here it comes, I am going to let it happen but I am going to stay calm. I won't die from this. I will make it through." Now, does it feel good? hell no, it never does. But the good news is that it WILL go away. Concentrate or relaxing, force yourself to breathe deep(in through your nose on a 5 count, hold for 1 second, exhale through pursed lips for a 7 count, hold for 1 second, repeat) and reassure yourself you will be fine, whether it be in your head or say it out loud.

Once it's over, laugh about it. Chuckle out loud and say out loud "Is that all you got?"

Going to a Mental Health Professional is a great option in my opinion. They can get to the root of the problem and help you deal with it. Make sure you go to a professional that specializes in anxiety and panic. They're out there, you just have to ask around.

Hope you feel better!

HealthAnxNut
11-20-2013, 11:28 AM
I was so glad to read the second comment where you said you got some help for yourself!! That just shows you how much you still care about yourself. It is a struggle, but please remember, you aren't the one to blame. Some things just ARE, and we have to work to solve the problem, and sometimes just live with certain things. Sometimes I think of anxiety as a very uncomfortable new pair of shows. They rub you everywhere, and hurt, and make you miserable. But, over time, that same pair of shoes can become very comfortable, and maybe you are even happy that you bought them, because they have taken you places you could not have been without them! This is your journey. It's not right or wrong. You just have to grow into it. Know what I mean?

NBluex
11-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Thank you everyone, nothing feels better than knowing you are not alone.

tailspin
11-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi NBluex, Really glad to hear that you went to see your doctor today and that he is referring you for some therapy, as well as upping your meds. Well done for reaching out for more help. I know how hard that is when you're feeling really bad and everything seems pointless. So glad you did that though!

I agree there continues to be a lot of stigma around mental illness. Not only that, as you say, many people just don't get it, even though they may genuinely want to understand. It's frustrating. That's the beauty of sites like this though. You are guaranteed to meet people here who know exactly how you feel and who can empathize and offer support. I know it's not the same as "real life", but it definitely helps to know that we're not alone.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things to help yourself and I really hope the med increase works and that you get started on some therapy soon. Please let us know how you're doing!