PDA

View Full Version : What strategies do you use to help relieve anxiety? HELP!

mmartinad
11-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi Everyone, I am interested in knowing the different types of stress management strategies that you have come up with while dealing with your anxiety. I currently have anxiety regarding school, health and the amount of things that are going on throughout my life. I have a hard time within the school and working environment to find a place to relax and not get anxious about the tasks at hand. Any suggests that could help me with coping with these issues on a daily basis?

The one type of stress management strategy that i have tried is meditation but i find that i am not able to stop my mind from thinking about everything that is going on. I have only tried it before bed not any other time during the way. Is there another type that you have used that might be more helpful?

Thanks

TrueVoiceInc
11-19-2013, 11:23 AM
I personally use EFT (otherwise known as tapping). You tap on acupuncture points through out the face and it neutralizes the situation. You can find numerous videos on tapping on youtube. I know it may look a little strange but it is pretty effective as well.

tailspin
11-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi mmartinad. I find exercise to be helpful. The more vigorous, the better. It really helps to burn off some of the nervous energy. It also reassures me that I'm healthy otherwise I wouldn't be able to exert myself so much. I enjoy running and hill hiking.

I need to do this earlier rather than later in the day though. Otherwise it can keep me awake at night. Late afternoon is a good time for me personally.

mmartinad
11-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Thank you for your responses, i will defiantly take them into consideration throughout the day. The one thing that i struggle with is having time to do everything throughout the day. I get stuck in my own head and even through i make lists and write everything down i still have high anxiety.