PDA

View Full Version : Camomile tea

worriedmummy85
11-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Has anyone tried this for anxiety or any herbal remedies I could try I am on propanolol and sometimes the anxiety is still get through?

StaceyK
11-18-2013, 08:21 AM
I've found that chammomile helps a bit

jessed03
11-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Yeah it's worth getting. So cheap too. I saw some in sainsbury's for like £1.29. Most people report some benefit. Some people I've spoken to even report HUGE benefits lol... So conclusionnnn isssssss.... (Xfactor pause....)

worth a try! ;)

Anxiety is all about those 5-10%s adding up.

nf1234
11-19-2013, 01:37 AM
The natural remedies are the way to go. Here is something I posted to another member.

"First id recommend a book called The Mood Cure by Julia Ross. Its packed full of natural alternatives and all sorts of awesome information.

To name a few supplements. Natural Calm Magnesium is excellent. Rescue Remedy is good to carry around in your pocket for quick use. Besides that the possibilities are endless you just need to find what works best for you. L-Theanine, Taurine, Glycine, Inositol, Gaba, are just a few to check out.

Id say go buy the book as your first step. The Natural Calm and Rescue Remedy is what I'd buy first also. Once you read the book you'll have a better idea at what might work for you. I have a wealth of knowledge as far as natural remedies go and id love to help you out."

worriedmummy85
11-19-2013, 01:40 AM
I have looked at this post and I was just looking up the book on the Internet, I have looked at both natural calm and rescue remedies and have almost bought them a couple of times but I wasn't sure about rescue remedy as it didn't state it would help anxiety I will purchase these now thank you

Dahila
11-19-2013, 09:12 AM
It is surprising people do not talk about Mellisa which is a herb better know as Lemon balm. It is sleeping helper and i use it for years. I just made an extract, which is easy to take in, I use it twice a day and it seems to help so I could lower my meds. There is thousand or so herbal remedies for anxiety, camomile is one of them but not really potent

worriedmummy85
11-19-2013, 09:18 AM
I just would like to get off these meds because I am having good days but mad days still I want something to lower my anxiety completely that I don't feel generally unwell all the time

nf1234
11-19-2013, 12:58 PM
I have looked at this post and I was just looking up the book on the Internet, I have looked at both natural calm and rescue remedies and have almost bought them a couple of times but I wasn't sure about rescue remedy as it didn't state it would help anxiety I will purchase these now thank you

Let me know when you get them if you have any questions about use. With the Natural Calm make sure to mike it with hot or warm water and start with a low dose and slowly move up. I'd say start with 1/2 or 3/4 tsp.

worriedmummy85
11-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Do you think I will have to stop the meds before I start any herbal?

nf1234
11-19-2013, 03:25 PM
I think it depends. What meds are you taking?

worriedmummy85
11-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Propranolol and ranatidine x

Dahila
11-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Camomile and lemon balm does not have any interaction :)

nf1234
11-19-2013, 08:52 PM
It should be fine but I would call the pharmacy just to be sure. My friend takes Rescue Remedy and Natural Calm and she is on propanerol and some other meds.