PDA

View Full Version : Quitting smoking and anxiety

Anxiouskat
11-17-2013, 05:05 PM
I know smoking is a source of anxiety and I need to quit but it throws my anxiety through the roof. Has anyone else found this? I should say I am 25 and have been smoking daily for over 10 years. Tried quitting in the past and made it all of 3 days... I don't want to take any anti smoking meds, and I'm not fond of the patch idea. Thinking of stocking up on veggies and gum and taking 2 weeks holidays and doing it. Once I make it 2 weeks I should be through the belly upset enough to be back at work. Any thoughts, tips, or tricks?

mike98t
11-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Good luck if you find something that works let me know. First thing I do during anxiety attack is grab my smokes so I know what your going through

FedUp
11-17-2013, 06:54 PM
I find the same thing. I tried quitting and had the worse anxiety. Now I am scared to quit. Silly isn't it?!? Let me know if u find something that works!

littleone123
11-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Iv quit smokin due to it affecting the acid levels in my tummy and since iv quit my anxiety has got neither worse not better. In a way smoking used to calm me down when I was stressed or upset but now the smoking is causing too many problems so good luck it's not easy

mike98t
11-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Did you use anything to help quitting little one!

littleone123
11-17-2013, 07:08 PM
No just completely stopped it's been a week now and iv smoked for over 8 years.

Anxiouskat
11-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Wow way to go LittleOne! That is quite the accomplishment! Did withdrawal hit you hard?

jayj404
11-17-2013, 07:38 PM
If your anxiety gets worse then you might want to get yourself a e-cig. They work great because it's easy to quit. If you light a cigarette you're pretty much going to smoke the whole thing. With the e-cig you can slowly cut it out. It's still not totally healthy, but 1000x better than normal cigarettes. Not to mention they are cheaper than buying tons of cigarettes and they don't make you smell bad!