PDA

View Full Version : Woke up with such a start

worriedmummy85
11-17-2013, 01:04 AM
I actually slept all night without waking but i woke at 6:45 this morning gasping for breath I have fine this for a few nights but this morning was the worst I feel like I am getting do exhausted I falling into such a deep sleep I stop breathing

Kmann1969
11-17-2013, 04:59 AM
I have similar things happen , I just woke up with a pounding fast heart rate... I'm sure it is anxiety related because when I'm not having anxiety issues it doesn't happen . I don't think it is possible for you to stop breathing because your tired , your body doesn't work like that. God Bless

JLBnole68
11-17-2013, 05:10 AM
Have either of you been checked for sleep apnea? If not, I would strongly suggest doing so. Anxiety does a lot of things, granted, but it does not cause you to stop breathing in your sleep. Only an apnea or obstruction to the air passage would do that. I would suggest that this is probably happening more frequently than you're probably aware of. I have sleep apnea, and the same exact thing just happened to me. Stupidly, I fell asleep very late after battling anxiety and forgot to put my CPAP mask on. Right now I feel absolutely horrible. My anxiety is off the charts. I feel like I'm dying.

worriedmummy85
11-17-2013, 05:14 AM
Is the cpap mask annoying? Does it make a lot of noise?

JLBnole68
11-17-2013, 05:25 AM
To be honest it takes some getting used to but once you do, the difference is unbelievable. You'll wake up feeling so much better and it will help your anxiety tremendously. No, I wouldn't say it's noisy at all. It's actually fairly quiet if the mask is fitted properly.