PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Night Panic Attack

nf1234
11-16-2013, 03:54 AM
Just woke up in the middle of the night with one of the worst panic attacks. I think it was due to a drop in blood sugar. I woke up with just pure adrenaline going, shaking, hands starting to go numb, the works. I managed to calm myself down, quickly raise my sugar, take some rescue remedy, and now here I am. Not feeling the panic right now but deff feeling the after effects.

I think mid-night panic attacks have to be the worst kind. At least during the day you kind of feeling it building, see it coming. You can try to do certain techniques to calm yourself. But when you wake up already in panic mode its hard to stop it. Anyone else feel this way?

emilyfrances
11-16-2013, 04:18 AM
I never really had them before but last week I had three in a row! Not sure how to handle it but I just try to calm down before I get up and start my day.

Stephj526
11-16-2013, 05:41 AM
I just woke up in a mid night panic attack. I'm still not sure what caused it, since I haven't had one in months (on Lexapro).

I was sleeping and woke up with right arm asleep. Follow can't breathe, can't keep eyes open, head feels swollen, afraid to stand, feeling very afraid.

Trying to ignore it, but so hard!