PDA

View Full Version : Anybody?

patchezzzz
11-15-2013, 10:24 PM
has anybody overcome dissociation from their anxiety on this forum?

Dahila
11-15-2013, 10:32 PM
If anyone did, he or she is not on this forum anymore :)

patchezzzz
11-15-2013, 10:34 PM
agh:( I feel so alone now. I'm so sick of this dissociation...

Dahila
11-15-2013, 10:39 PM
hey maybe I am wrong...:) you are not alone, you are here

jessed03
11-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Yep, I think we talked before about it.

I think you should really, really look at finding a good med to help this. It's become really habitual and frequent, hasn't it. It's always hard to know whether it's caused by an imbalance, or tension or whatever, but I think right now, you should experiment with meds to get rid of this... Because I think one will. I think you'll find one, and within a couple of months, it will stop this feeling, and you'll be able to get on with life.

You may have tried a couple, but, if they didn't work, then try different doses, or different types. If you're on one right now, change either it's dose, or the tablet itself -- it isn't working.

Once the anxiety level in your body is reduced, this will go. Sadly sometimes it gets so deep you can't do it yourself, or, at least it's, it's hard to do it yourself.

I had this for 3 years, so I understand your desperation and frustration at it, it stops you from being a person. So yeah, I would focus on medication now, cooperating with someone that can help you with this. Cos I do think you will make lots of improvements with the right kind of pharmaceutical.

Of course don't stop doing the natural stuff, the CBT and daily relaxation etc.

jayj404
11-15-2013, 11:12 PM
You have to learn to live with it. It's not going to be permanent, but it's going to be a long rough battle. Instead of going against the current, go with it. Eventually the current will fade. Fade. It's not going to disappear, You're not going to wake up one morning and say "Hey, I feel all better now!" You wont know it's gone when it is. Why you hear about people having it for years or even forever is because they wont let themselves heal. You can't question if it is there or not. Just let it happen. That's all I can say. It WILL fade, but it's going to take a while and you just have to let it happen.

Pauletta86
11-16-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm suffering with it bad at moment also. One of the worse things for me at moment is that it's messed my time perception up!

But I've suffered with DP/DR before for about a year and overcame it. Didn't take any meds, CBT helped me out!

patchezzzz
11-16-2013, 11:27 AM
yeah I've had this for almost exactly a year. I'm so scared it's brain damage or something:( but thank you, I do feel a bit better knowing people have overcome it. do I really just never think about it and go on with life or try medications until one works? I'm currently on klonopin and Zoloft and I'm getting off the klonopin in a few weeks!

mistiblue
11-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Let me know how that goes. I am currently on Klonopin before bed time and really wanna get off of it, just don't know how.

patchezzzz
11-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Let me know how that goes. I am currently on Klonopin before bed time and really wanna get off of it, just don't know how.absolutely:) just talk to your doctor about tapering off.

Dahila
11-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Wait I am on Klonopin-clonazepam for months and it is the mildest benzo I had ever take. I am on 0.5 dose and it is great. sometimes I just do not take it. When I feel ok. No side effects or withdrawal. You do not want to take you stop taking. It is good med. My psych said that she has people on it for years and they never up their dose..Ativan is the evil, ;)

mistiblue
11-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Dahlia- it is a good med for some. I just don't like being on meds. I would rather try and do it naturally. I take mine before I go to bed at night...I just know it is hard to get off of and that scares me to death!! :p

Dahila
11-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Maybe you should try the lemon balm? I made this year an extract , lemon balm from my garden, I take 20 drops twice a day and then I do not need clonazepam, it is worth to try :)or lemon balm tea (melisa)