PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety? Yes No Maybe So

ttnasedkin
01-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi guys.

I am 15 nearing my second semester in grade 10. During all of junior high I have always fallen into a negative slump right around no (seasonal desorder) i also have a mild depression, i take sertraline for it (I dont notice a differance whilst taking it but my parents do) I also take aderal for ADHD, I'm not hyper active I am more inactive if anything, i can sit is class and not do anything and it doesnt bother me in the least. The aderal seems to speed me up a bit. Anyway! In january of every year since grade 7 i end up stoping all productivity in school, i let my marks fall to a failing grade and i get suspended at least once for some issue wether its just and outbreak at a teacher (lipping them off) or getting in a fight with someone. I distance myself from family and friends. I dont like it, this year im going to try this light thing that should help. I dont want to fall appart again this year, i've always been able to get my marks back up and re connect with friends and family but now that im in highschool things are going to be harder to piece back together. If I fall apart now my second semesters marks will be terrible. my first sem. were all a passing grade in fact I'm quite happy with them. Comming back to school after christmas this year has been differant, usually i am happy to see my friends and stuff but this year i have returned to school and felt like crap, I've been a negative creep towards everyone i Know. and this problem has come up in the last 4 days that I dont know how to deal with. I hear voices. Not voices voices. They dont tell me to do things or nuthin.
they just aggrivate me. when im concentrating on something they will sometimes start, it sounds like my parents are yelling at me, only theres like 25 of them, mostly its my dads voice, i cant hear distinctly what they're saying but they're mad at me. For example I was doing a math test and they started, they started when I was stuck on figuring out a formula, i become agitated and get sweaty palms, one of the most potent thoughts i get are "Oh God I'm going CRAZY!" my leg starts to shake and my hands and i just cant friggen concentrate. if I go get exercise (i.e Running) they get louder until i have to stop and sit down and just wait it out. The earliest I remember getting this is when i was 8 1/2. It has gotten worse as I've gotten older. It might have something to do with self esteem because I dont think good things about myself at all. I'm wondering If this is Anxiety or If its something else, the reason I suspect Anxiety is because my counselor said it is most probaby is. Im wondering If there is a symptom similar to this and if anyone else gets it. (the only one I found to be similar was "mind chatter" could someone elaborate on that?)

Partly its just feels good to vent, even on a computer writing this has made me feel beter, so If anyone reads this whole thing I will be impressed! any comments or questions or anything of the sort will be greatly apreciated and I will reply ASAP.

Adrenaline Junkie.

PS way to go guys you made me late for Climbing! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT :P

setler
01-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Wow man, there is some heavy stuff. It sounds like you need someone to talk to, possibly a therapist. School counselors are generally shit, so working with them can be very shallow.

I am 19 myself, so if you have more questions, personal message me or email me at [email protected]

By the way... do you rock climb? That is rad. My friends and I have been bouldering recently... just started sticking constant V2's... pretty good for two months of climbing I think :tongue: