PDA

View Full Version : Cbt

worriedmummy85
11-15-2013, 01:22 AM
I start my CBT today I hope this starts helping although my tablets are working lovely I need to sort out what's going on in my head

jessed03
11-15-2013, 04:48 AM
I start my CBT today I hope this starts helping although my tablets are working lovely I need to sort out what's going on in my head

This is where it all starts to come together; the tablets help you stay calmer, then the CBT gets rid of all the stuff that was making it bad to begin with.

Before you know it, bye bye anxiety :)

worriedmummy85
11-16-2013, 12:37 AM
I felt really confident after yesterday she made me feel like I had accomplished something by myself before I had even started CBT let me explain......

She had asked about going shopping as just after my first panic attack I had another huge one in the supermarket I mentioned that going in still makes me feel dizzy an sick but by the end of it I am feeling fine an she was so shocked I still went into this particular shop after having a panic attack that she said she thought I was very brave and strong minded (as I am just not willing to let this take a hold of my life) this made me feel great as I didn't think I was doing that well and I also felt I was letting it grab me.

I also explained that on Tuesday night I had a huge panic attack and took a Valium but all day Wednesday I felt dreadful so when I was lying it bed on Wednesday night I started feeling another one coming on but instead of reaching for the Valium I talked myself out of it and convinced myself the Valium aftermath was the reason I felt the way I did an I would only be in te same boat tomorrow so I fell asleep and I Thursday I felt great! Again she commented on how strong I had been and how medication can sometimes fuel the anxiety rather than help it.

She really made me feel confident I ended up spending the best part of yesterday christmas shopping for my daughter

I would recommend this to anyone because it can sometimes highlight the fact that your not actually in a massive dark hole that you think you are and it's pointed out in fact you are doing stuff to help yourself

bcarp66
11-16-2013, 12:42 AM
That's so great to hear!! I finally start my CBT classes Thursday. I'm so excited and looking forward to it!

worriedmummy85
11-16-2013, 12:49 AM
I hope it goes really well for you like it did for me

bcarp66
11-16-2013, 02:20 AM
That's what I am hoping!!