PDA

View Full Version : Giggles and... Derealization?

Olive Yew
11-13-2013, 08:17 PM
So my best friend came over tonight and we had a MARVELOUS time. Laughing our heads off over stupendously awful snapchats we were sending each other. It was fabulous and we had a blast. However, now (about 30 min later) i'm feeling odd, shaky, and derealized complete with heart palpitations that have been occurring more and more and making me uneasy. What the heck? I thought i was doing great! Why malfunction now... :(

temperancebrennan
11-14-2013, 03:55 AM
It sucks doesn't it? Many times I've had to leave early from a brilliant night of fun & laughing with my friends because of feeling shaky & anxious & feeling panic attacks coming on. I don't understand it at all. Surely times like that are meant to help - being relaxed and having fun?
Damn brains!

NeverToo...Fear
11-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Nothing like having a blast--not even thinking about anxiety or worries and then here comes the party crasher; the one to rain on the parade. The room suddenly goes silent.. The anxious brains must live to do this. It senses too much fun and goes, "Whaaaat?" And be all like, "Where there's fun it can't be! I'll fix that!" *evil laughter here* Hah....well no ones laughing with you, anxious brain. Thanks for being the queen of kill joys..

Did the symptoms happen after the fun was over? Or during the laughs and giggles and that's what killed the fun? Maybe the DRs came because there was too much of an extreme emotion of one kind (such as laughter and happiness) so it felt like it needed to shut down for a bit and take a step back from the extremes? In anyway, sorry for this set back. Hopefully just a minor one on your path to recovery.. :)

And PS: What is snapchat anyway?

Olive Yew
11-14-2013, 08:31 AM
It came after. Friend went home and then boom. :\
Snapchat is sorta like texting but you send each other pictures that you take with your phone (you can put little messages on the pictures too... And draw on them). The receiver can only look at the picture for so long before it disappears so they cant like keep it and use it for blackmail or whatever lol. We were sending each other pictures of the most unattractive expressions we could possibly make. It was great fun lol.

NeverToo...Fear
11-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Well, at least it didn't ruin the fun while having it (er, if we are trying to look on the bright side of the situation.. :))

Ah, I see..I've never heard of it before so I was curious. Thanks for the explanation!

Olive Yew
11-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah thankfully ^_^

Yeah it's fun ^_^ it's a smartphone thing lol