PDA

View Full Version : Burning sensation ON chest

lbrown13
11-13-2013, 08:14 AM
I have a burning sensation in the center of my chest. It feels like it's my skin.
It feels like someone put icy hot on my chest...but not quite that intense.
It's freaking me out!

seal
11-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Is it possible that it's heartburn? I get this feeling sometimes too but with me it's usually my esophagus, all my stress and anxiety has caused me to have all kinds of digestive problems. The last time I had this problem really bad I went to the ER and they gave me what they call a GI cocktail, which is malox and lidocaine and it numbs your esophagus and stomach and then the burning sensation went away. Try some antacids and if they don't work try seeing your doctor.

lbrown13
11-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Is it possible that it's heartburn? I get this feeling sometimes too but with me it's usually my esophagus, all my stress and anxiety has caused me to have all kinds of digestive problems. The last time I had this problem really bad I went to the ER and they gave me what they call a GI cocktail, which is malox and lidocaine and it numbs your esophagus and stomach and then the burning sensation went away. Try some antacids and if they don't work try seeing your doctor.

Thank you for the response! I believe it's from a pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder. At lunch, I leaned my head back to rest and try to relax. I noticed that when I did that, the burning sensation on my chest stopped, but I could feel burning in my neck/shoulder. I took a couple of ibuprofen and the pain in my neck is gone and so is the burning sensation.

seal
11-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Well I'm glad that you figured it out, a pinched nerve is rough but fixable.