PDA

View Full Version : Anyone the same?

valhug
01-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I originally posted this in symptoms - but no replies so thought I'd try here. If anyone can relate to something like this, could you pleaset let me know. Thanks!

I'm so glad I found this forum. I have not been officially diagnosed, but my dr. feelsl anxiety/depressiong is what I have. Over 20 years ago, I had many of the symptoms that have been posted - numbing/tingling arms/legs, eye problems, a bit of weakness in arms/legs, etc. I was sent to a neurologist who though it could be MS. As time went on, and things didn't get worse, my dr. suspected it wasn't MS but a form of anxiety. I dealt with that for possibly a year. Then everything improved for 20+ years - no symptoms at all. In the last couple of months, a lot of the symptoms have come back - trembling, clenching jaw, numbness (not debilitating), aches in legs, headaches, etc. The dr. put me on anti-depressants as well as a relaxer. I am better as long as I take the relaxer, but the anti-depressants haven't helped at all yet. How long do most people's attacks last? Does this sound like something anyone else has experienced - with such a long time between attacks. Thanks