PDA

View Full Version : Persistant Nausea? Anxiety cause this?

StaceyK
11-10-2013, 09:57 AM
I've been feeling sick almost every day for 2weeks and finding it hard to eat. Despite doc telling me she thinks my anxiety, I'm not convinced. Can anxiety cause this??! I'm terrified

vic
11-10-2013, 10:16 AM
I've been feeling sick almost every day for 2weeks and finding it hard to eat. Despite doc telling me she thinks my anxiety, I'm not convinced. Can anxiety cause this??! I'm terrified nervous and anxiety affect your stomach they make ibs worse and cause your digestive system to mess up. Think of it in this way a person has a massive interview for a job but they do not suffer anxiety issues no panic attacks no depression ect. But they are nervous about this big job so they feel it in the stomach they feel sick May have runs wee a lot but this is normal and will go away after the interview but with uz wiv constant anxiety it stays because we are worrying all the time so it's very much normal ;) hope that helped

hiswaywardgirl
11-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Loss of appetite can be a symptom of anxiety and high stress, but feeling sick every day for an entire two weeks does sound worrying. Do you mean that you're feeling sick to your stomach/nauseated? Have you changed anything in your diet? Do you think you're getting proper nutrition from the foods you're eating?

I remember feeling sick and having no appetite after a horrible break-up, so if you've gone through a serious life change, that might explain your symptoms.

If you still think something's wrong, I'd see another doctor for a second opinion.

tailspin
11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi StaceyK. I feel nauseated a lot too. I don't actually vomit. I just feel nauseous quite a bit. This has been going on a long time, off and on. However, it doesn't usually stop me from eating. In fact, eating something often makes me feel better.

I have also been told that it's likely anxiety and stress causing this. And I do believe it to a large extent. As others have said, stress and anxiety often directly effect people's digestive systems.

Is something stressful happening in your life right now? What other symptoms do you have besides nausea and loss of appetite? Are you getting any help with your anxiety?

Really hope you feel better soon!

StaceyK
11-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Thanks for your responses everyone