PDA

View Full Version : Its back!

HazyBlue
11-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Been doing so well then today.. I came across a closed road while driving anyway I really panicked because I didn't know which way to go the signs were rubbish, was shaking my heart rate was going and I couldn't breathe stopped at the side of the road and calmed myself but was still shaky and sobbed a bit and got to my dads n told him n he gave me a hug but I was so upset I felt so silly.

jessed03
11-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Hey, sometimes you lose at this game, don't sweat it too much :)

I hope you're good now.

Try get back into a fun state pretty quickly, it's always best to just write these moments off and go back to what works, otherwise it gets you stressed and doubtful of everything again.

Do you have a bf/ a good friend, someone you can hang out with to get those good chemicals flowing again? That's usually pretty helpful!

HazyBlue
11-11-2013, 12:19 AM
I have a bf 2 daughters who are 2 & 5 and a select few gd friends. When I got to my dads after yesterday's attack he was lovely as ever and cheered me up. Just annoying how I've been okay for a couple of weeks and that happened 😞

blondieqtpie
11-11-2013, 02:26 AM
It happens. My anxiety goes up and down ... Sometimes I'll have a few days where it so minimal and I think 'now why can't it always be like this'. But for those of us with anxiety disorders there are triggers that set t off on high. It's just a matter of dealing with it to bring it down.
Don't worry about it. Stress happens... If you have high anxiety or a disorder it's going to happen. Try not go get mad at yourself and its sounds like your dad is a Great support. Supports and people who can help bring down your anxiety are so important to have.
And I have a 3 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter--- I try to think of them when my anxiety soars. Please try and think of your kids too.

And don't sweat having an anxiety attack every now and then. Everyone's anxiety and panic stem from something different. For many of us it comes and goes. I think trying to find ways to get through the times it comes is important.

Myself my anxiety and panic stem from PTSD. I has overcome most PTSD flashbacks, depression and substance abuse ( over 6 years clean of that which was a coping mechanism for me with anxiety and my flashbacks). I do keep thinking one day I'll beat my anxiety and panic too.

Stay positive and keep yourself healthy for yourself and your kids :)

PanicCured
11-11-2013, 03:08 AM
I have a bf 2 daughters who are 2 & 5 and a select few gd friends. When I got to my dads after yesterday's attack he was lovely as ever and cheered me up. Just annoying how I've been okay for a couple of weeks and that happened 

Here is where you think how great it is that your attacks are happening less frequently. Give no value to it. It is just as unimportant and as much bullshit as every other panic attack. It's good you felt silly because the whole thing is absolutely silly. Try and laugh at it.

HazyBlue
11-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Thanks for you're opinion but I'd like to think it's not silly as I was really scared at the time. I just felt silly telling someone and getting upset. Yes they are less frequent and I am proud.

HazyBlue
11-11-2013, 08:02 AM
It happens. My anxiety goes up and down ... Sometimes I'll have a few days where it so minimal and I think 'now why can't it always be like this'. But for those of us with anxiety disorders there are triggers that set t off on high. It's just a matter of dealing with it to bring it down. Don't worry about it. Stress happens... If you have high anxiety or a disorder it's going to happen. Try not go get mad at yourself and its sounds like your dad is a Great support. Supports and people who can help bring down your anxiety are so important to have. And I have a 3 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter--- I try to think of them when my anxiety soars. Please try and think of your kids too. And don't sweat having an anxiety attack every now and then. Everyone's anxiety and panic stem from something different. For many of us it comes and goes. I think trying to find ways to get through the times it comes is important. Myself my anxiety and panic stem from PTSD. I has overcome most PTSD flashbacks, depression and substance abuse ( over 6 years clean of that which was a coping mechanism for me with anxiety and my flashbacks). I do keep thinking one day I'll beat my anxiety and panic too. Stay positive and keep yourself healthy for yourself and your kids :)

Thankyou Hun. I try my best for my kids and yes my dad is fab my bf doesn't have a fear bone in his body he's fearless so he doesn't understand but he's been really good over last 7 years he just tries to understand and never puts me down. It nice to have people that understand though thank you x