PDA

View Full Version : only at bed time

emtw12
11-10-2013, 03:17 AM
bed times the worst I feel shaky arm pain chest pain etc I find it hard to sleep cos of all this goin on I also get this feeling in my chest were it feels like something's pushing from inside can't explain :( anyone else

worriedmummy85
11-10-2013, 03:25 AM
Are you on anything to help you sleep? I would maybe think of asking for something then it will take your mind off it, I sleep fine apart from waking a bit with the meds I am on xx

techno492
11-10-2013, 04:23 PM
I can relate to the "only at bed time" thing
Some night (tonight being one of them) I'd just rather stay up because the anxiaty can be at its worst.

Shrybia Kashmyria
11-11-2013, 04:15 AM
I use to feel something like this, but morning, when I should get up. I'm not tired or sleepy, but something anguished feeling is in my stomach. I'm not afraid of the occurences of the day (generally I'm at home the livelong day :P) but there is something strange what cause me anxiety and is connected to bed-time and get up.
One of my relatives offered me a medicine, and I got in, but nothing betterment.

Ritch
11-11-2013, 09:26 AM
bed times the worst I feel shaky arm pain chest pain etc I find it hard to sleep cos of all this goin on I also get this feeling in my chest were it feels like something's pushing from inside can't explain :( anyone else

Do the symptoms start in the build up to going to bed or is it when you lay and put your head on the pillow? I would advise laying in bed with your hands on your stomach and concentrate solely on your breathing. So when you breathe in push your stomach out (this allows the diaphragm to expand)if your finger tips are just touching when you are relaxing when you breathe out your stomach should stop them touching, then breathe in through your nose (stomach goes back to how it is usually not pulled in and fingers tips will touch again) and repeat. This is called diaphragmatic breathing, but the key is to focus your attention on your breathe. So feel the oxygen entering your nose, down your throat into your lungs and vise versa when breathing out. If your mind begins to wander, when you realise it has wandered say to yourself "I'm not thinking about that because I am focusing on my breathing" then return your attention to your breathing. If you practice this religiously it will help you relax and help relieve symptoms